[New Feature] New editing tools

Those two features are the tip of the iceberg. The big ones that they have been working on for almost a year are coming down the pipe too!

4 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I lose the zoom ability while editing points.

If point editing mode is enabled, a Ctrl+Mouse-wheel zooms the page rather than the normal behavior of zooming in/out of the work area.

Additionally, using the arrow keys still moves the entire shape rather than just the selected point.

I’m using Chrome.

Right now you can resize the whole thing but you can’t select multiple points/nodes at once. It’s basically select 1 or select all.

1 Like

We broke this feature up into iterations and this was iteration #1. We wanted to get feedback before we went too far off the deep end and people didn’t even want to use the feature anyway. There are so many features that people want we’re trying to be careful to focus on what is important.

We still have a tiny team relative to the big software companies like Autodesk.

1 Like

I agree. When working on my flat pack designs, being able to exactly state the “tab-A” that will fit into “slot-B” coordinates will cut down on the errors.

This is a useful tool and powerful tool, especially with the curves.
As mentioned elsewhere- being able to edit the coordinates of the points will be very helpful in doing some precise designs such as flatpack assemblies.

Since this thread and the feature has been around for over 2 years, I am so glad that you agree.