New Toolpath Architecture

@PhilJohnson, could you please share a project with the issue?

That is a nice approach to release letters.

In the new toolpath architecture, all pockets should carve from inside to outside. Also I believe it helps the (vertical) surface quality. All the experiments I’ve done, it followed that approach. If I understand correctly, it happened for a circular pocket right? see the simulation below.

If you happen to experience that again, please feel free to share the project with me, I will definitely have a look at it and correct it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Awesome!

By the way, inner to outer ordering was done mainly for the vertical surface quality. So the ordering found in following animation is also acceptable for that (notice, we didn’t start from outer boundary, that is the requirement). So would it be possible you’ve noticed something similar?

Thank you

Ruwan

1 Like

I’ve been doing some miniature work with .02" endmills and it is working great so far.

2 Likes

I’m new to Easel - just got my new X-Carve up and running tonight. I remembered reading this thread and went to enable the new toolpaths in advanced and don’t see this option anymore (2-stage carves and accessory enablers are the only 2 Beta features). Have these optimized toolpaths left the Beta stage and are now integrated into Easel natively?

Yes.

I would really, really appreciate the toolpath optomised. I imported an SVG that apparently very, very random. This is taking 10x longer to carve than it should. Are there ways to trick the program?

I think you’re right my SVG is bad. I imported an image and let easel create the vectors and it was much better.

1 Like