New Triquetra Tool Box Software coming soon

The nightly builds are often buggy. You might try the last stable build of UGS, especially since you are having a problem with the nightly build.

Charley is the man. I was having problems with the beta and Charley was able to figure out the problem. He sure is putting in a lot of work on this venture.

Question, When updating to new version do you have to uninstall previous version first?

No you do not have to uninstall to update. The updates will not overwrite your data files so after you have registered the software, the updates will save all your information.

I just uploaded the update that has the changes we discussed that corrected your issue. The good news is that the changes won’t affect any systems that didn’t need the change.

I just realized that I neglected to update the version number but the changes are there. Just Generate a g-code and look for M02 at the end. If it’s there then you have the new version.

I think I am getting very close to releasing it.

1 Like

Great news

Charley,

I was just sitting here thinking that one improvement you might make is the ability to search for updates from within the app and then if the individual so desires, automatically download and install the updates.

Marc

1 Like

That is already in the works. Just haven’t nailed it down yet. Great minds think alike don’t they!!

That they do.

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive!! It automatically checks for updates when you launch it and you have the option to either download and install automatically or decline the update. That, and the ability to change the save to folder for g-code files. Download the latest version to enable those features and let me know what you think.

Charley

Thanks Charley,

1 Like

Thanks Charley. You are the best!

1 Like

Charley, will there be a charge to customers who already bought your touch plate? Really looking forward to seeing this when released.

Here is just a fluff item possibly added to the parts data base. Under web site if you click on the link it would open your browser to the site. Not a biggie just a convenience item.

My initial thought process was to just throw this together quickly and put it out there. However as anyone who writes programing code will tell you, there is no such thing as throwing code together, not if you want it to work anyway.

I have been working on this little venture with all the spare time I can muster. It has been almost two months now. Through Beta testing I have discovered problem areas which have been resolved and I think I am down to just one. That is code signing. You know those pesky warnings that Microsoft gives you when you install a program, those about “This type of file can harm your computer”? The only way I have found so far to get rid of it is to pay a ransom. Code signing certificates are any where from $150 - $400 and only last for a year. All they do is prove that you are who you say you are, or that you have fooled them in to thinking so anyway.

When I release the program, anyone can download it for free and register it as a trial version. It will be limited in functionality but you will at least be able to see what it looks and feels like and then decide if you want the full version. In the trial version you won’t be able to create the auto zeroing g-code but everything else such as stepper calibration, Parts Book, Recipe Book, Contact List and fine tuning will work normally.

With all that said, I believe that I can offer this to current owners of the Triquetra for a very small upgrade fee. I haven’t decided on just what that is as of yet but I can assure you that it won’t break the bank and will be worth it. I have added several options since the video. Some of which should have already been there and others are requests from Beta Testers.

Speaking of Beta Testers, if you would like to get in you will get the program for free if you are a current Triquetra Owner. If you want in just send me a private msg here or email me at charleyntexas@gmail.com. I will send you the necessary info and upgrade your account so you can access the download page on my web site.

I know I haven’t given you a specific answer to your question about cost but that is only because I really don’t have one at this time other than to say that I can assure you it will be very affordable. Evan to the point that you’d be silly not to give it a shot.

Thanks for your inquiry,

Charley Thomas
Triquetra-CNC

Charley with the new release the change folder location is great but is it possible to retain that folder location after it is set and not have to find that folder again. Else maybe its better to have the way you had it.

Thanks

I am sure that I can accommodate that easy enough. I even thought about that after I uploaded the current version. I was more focused on making sure it worked correctly. Once again the great minds thing is coming into view!!

Charley, Sorry but one more thing in the standard Gcode screen it might clean the interface if the Update Measurements would be in a different location like below the example measurements box and put the Generate 3 Axis code and Generate Z axis only buttons next to each other like they are above the example box. You really only use the Update measurements on some block measurement change.

No need to be sorry. That is the reason for having other people give their opinions. I want to make this as good as I possibly can so users can get the most out of it.

So I believe we can safely say that the Triquetra Tool Box and Touch Plate are 100% compatible with the new X-Controller with version 1c installed correct?

Correct :grinning: Have used the latest version 6-10 times and works perfect.

The auto update works great. Like the new placement of buttons much cleaner look. But the folder option maybe should go back to the way it was if you can’t get to stay on last folder location.