New UGS with feed rate adjust

Just downloaded and tried the new UGS Platform on the Raspberry Pi 3 and I am completely blown away. Man that is so much better than the last time I tried UGS Platform on the Pi. The experience before was so bad that I just went with standard UGS and when I tried this new one WOW it is slick, smooth and so far no glitches. great experience all around.

1 Like

went to this web site that you listed and then clicked on the Downloads page link then downloaded the UGS Platform from there.

I clicked Downloads -> UGS Platform under the Nightly Build section.

I’m liking the interface on my Raspberry Pi3 as well.

Maybe I’ll do GRBLv1.1 soon too.

1 Like

Not ready for prime time. I had it locked up solid in three minutes. (Windows 7 SP1 32 bit).

2 Likes

Downloaded UGS Platform under Nightly Build,
Unzipped on desktop (Opens new folder ugsplatform)
Opened folder name bin
Click on ugsplatform64.exe (I use 64bit system, ugsplatform.exe for 32bit)
started immediately.

Connect, unlock all works.

NOW; can’t jog it with the keys, screen buttons working but not numerical keypad.

What is this “Meta” key means, it says Meta+Right Meta+Left ???

1 Like

Edit… Never mind, I changed Keymap on options.

1 Like

Same here, error messages pops up, hangs.
Now also UGS1.9 stop working and lost macros. :rage:

I switched to PicSender way back when UGS 1.09 was a nightly build. With UGS I kept getting errors when trying to carve a 3D Lithophane that was a very large file. It seems that UGS can’t handle the large file sizes. When I heard about PicSender I figured that it was worth a shot and have never looked back. Some awesome features that nobody has mentioned in PicSender are the GOTO ZERO buttons. There is one for each axis that will send your spindle to MATERIAL position zero independent of each other. Plus you have the ability to set each axis to zero one at a time or all three at once. Then there are the Jog buttons… It has the standard 6 buttons like UGS but there are also 4 more that enable jogging the X and Y at the same time with one click. You can set your jog distance by typing in number or select one from the drop down list that isn’t just .1 or 1. In fact it

And guess how well it works with the Triquetra 3 axis Touch Plate… Flawlessly of course. Just run the code to zero all three axis and click the GOTO ZERO buttons for each axis and your bit is on X Y Z zero, just that simple!! And just for the record, I do not receive any royalties for recommending PicSender. I recommend it because it’s just that good.

Charley

5 Likes

I’ve been playing around with it for the last couple of days now.
I haven’t had any problems that weren’t my own fault.
Bought the license last night.
Wish I could change that gaudy red color though. (it almost hurts your eyes)

You gotta try it Phil.

1 Like

Picsender sounds great, but for those of us using Linux based systems it just won’t work (hint-hint) but if there was a source code or a binary file that I could install (even on a mac) then I would try this picsender. But got to go with what works with what I have.

P.S. still loving my Raspberry Pi3 setup.

1 Like

People that live in the far north have to deal with lots of snow.

People who live in the Midwest have to deal with Tornado’s

People who use Linux have limited software options

People who use Windows 10 have no limitations

All these things have one thing in common

User choice!

(Just poking fun)

Charley

3 Likes

Far far away, where is the “New UGS” thread.
PicSender thread gone to another post. Personally I don’t care how good sender it is IF there is free to use sender out there.

All kidding aside, the reason I switched to PicSender is because I was trying to carve 3D Lithophanes. Those files are can easily be 500,000 lines long with one that is 6" X 8". UGS continually locked up around the 250,000 line mark. I heard about PicSender and it’s ability to handle the very large files so I bought it. After using it for a short while I discovered I liked it much better than UGS so I never looked back and it is still my G-Code Sender of choice. Not to mention the fast and superb support I received from the PicSender staff when I had questions. No, it is not free like UGS, but sometimes free solutions just have the same stability as a paid version. This IS the case with UGS vs PicSender.

I am definitely not a UGS hater by any means. UGS is a great program and will fit the bill for most carvings. The creators are certainly capable and generous enough to provide their work for no charge which allows many of us a good option to get carving. To the best of my knowledge I have not seen anything posted where they addressed the problem of using it to carve large file though. The creators of PicSender found the secret sauce that overcomes that limitation and added a user friendly interface to it all for affordable price in my honest opinion. Just to reiterate, I paid for my version and do not get compensated in any way for recommending PicSender.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

4 Likes

Thank you Charley. Much appreciated.

If Jeff and I got compensated even at 1/2 of minimum wage for all the hours we have spent developing and supporting our software and helping others, we could both retire again, and me for the third time. :grinning:

We do this because we enjoy it, as I am sure you do, too. Actually, it is just plain enjoyable, especially to see and participate in all the truly great, creative, projects posted here.

All the best,
John
:latin_cross:

3 Likes

Well, you who are not yet retired, when you do, do not let your friends and acquaintances know. You will become #1 on their call list because they know that “you have plenty of free time now.” :grin:

“employed” implies that someone pays you money, “retired” means you do it for free.

2 Likes

Re-tired means, tired again. Like me.(yawn)

Mowing tons of lawns while work-a-day slugs escape.

1 Like

So if I change my x-controller to GRBL 1.1 will easel still work?

@FatKatOne

Probably need to start a new thread for this.

2 Likes