New wasteboard? Resurfacing and installation help?

Speedy Metals is a fan favorite for pretty much everyone that uses their services! I was shocked at my local prices as well…

{:0)

Brandon Parker

A couple more update pics as I go.

1 Like

Drilling and countersinking for all the holes to attach the aluminum to the bed rails later today and tomorrow.

Then I will be looking how I will want to attach my mdf to the aluminum after that. We’ll see. I bought the inventables new wasteboard kit which comes with pieces of mdf to install. I haven’t opened it up yet to see how it looks.

Obviously in the future I will just cut my own mdf panels to replace. So I would like a good plan for easy reattachment to aluminum.

1 Like

2 Likes

Sweet !!! nice upgrade!

Drilled and tapped 40 additional holes to mount and t tracks and inventables mdf boards. Awesome.

1 Like

So now that I am to the point above with all my t tracks in place and mdf panels in place and secured….see how the mdf panels go against the side panel stiffeners ? How can you resurface the wasteboard when it is against the sides? Won’t my bit run into the side or if I stay away from it, it will leave a raised strip on right and left correct?

If so, I guess I could just take the two end panels off at that point and just chisel,sand that little last strip off then.

Got it and done!!!

1 Like
1 Like

OK, I see by your picture that you have it level but how do you contend with bottom and also the left and right ridges?

Ideally the MDF would only be in the area that the machine can cut.