Nightmare Before Christmas Light Box with the X Carve!

This is my first project post here on Inventables! I used the X-Carve for some pieces of this project.

Check out my Youtube video showing the whole build!

7 Likes

Really cool project. How did you find the center points on the cylinder where to drill the holes?

Hey mike, I had a board with two perpendicular lines, then I used a compass to draw a circle from that intersection the same size of the cylinder. Use the lines to square up on opposite ends.

I think that makes sense, haha.

I like that I will have to watch the video after work

1 Like

I think I got it. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice!
What kind of welding rig do you have (simple welding is one of this things I want add to my skill set)
I really like your “paint in the hole” trick to mark the matching drill holes on the cover :slight_smile:

Hey Aaron, thanks for watching! That welding rig is a simple as they come. Its a harbor freight 120 volt welder. http://www.harborfreight.com/90-amp-ac-120-volt-flux-cored-welder-61849.html
Its a good entry level unit for welding thinner materials… It is a wire feed, so its pretty easy to do. I was a little frustrated at first trying to get the hang of it, but i think i finally understand a little! Youtube was a good teacher!

1 Like