No config files

There’s no point in modifying grbl unless you have a compeling reason to do so.

OK, i won’t.
What is the way out to home the machine since D11 will be used ?

Sorry, I didn’t understand what you were trying to accomplish.

x axis homing is pin D9

y axis homing is pin D10

PWM is pin D11

z axis homing is pin D12

use the 0.9 pinout

thnx will update u in an hour or so

After uploading the hex file, i am able to home the machine thru Arduino IDE, i mean Serial Monitor but not thru UGS.
I get the error in UGS i have kill the session each time this error message keeps repeating. Please see uploaded document.ERROR.docx (50.2 KB)

Change $10 to 115 ($10=115)
Change $27 to 3 ($27=3)

Are you using normally closed homing switches?

Which version of UGCS are you using?

My switches need 16mm clearance so $27=16 is needed but will try $10=115 and update you.

I am using NormalOpen switches.

Change $5=0

16mm is a very large gap, what type of switch are you using?

Download and try UGCS 1.0.9 That is the latest stable version of UGCS. Both nightly build and platform are not good candidates for trouble shooting as they are constantly changing at this time.

which fork you want me to download ugs 1.0.

I need to stop for the night. I’ll pick it up again tomorrow.

Good night

Good morning Larry,

There is some progress but still need some configuration or whatever. I did try 0-255 first but the power was not full. Did some search and found that JTech laser take 0-1000 so thought may software is also developed like that. Did change RPM to 1000 and used S power from 0-1000. Still the line is not that dark as running the laser straight without the board PWM. Attached are the results. Any suggestions ?

What version of grbl are you running now?

The one you recommended image

Then from the Readme.pdf file:

To use the laser mode: $30 (rpm max) must be set to 255, $31 (rpm min) must be set to 0 (zero), and $32 (laser mode) must be set to 1 (one). These settings for the three parameters are the only settings that utilize laser mode. All other settings are spindle mode.

So these are the best results.
@NeilFerreri1 @JohnChamplain
John and Neil, you guys pointed out about weak light positioning function.
Do you guys have any suggestion to improve results regarding OTHER FUNCTION: Weak Light Positioning ?