Not Able To Carve Ukrainian Text

Hey there all,

I have run into an issue in doing a commissioned project for a fundraiser for the Ukrainian Army. When I have the message in anglicized Ukrainian, it carves absolutely fine, no issues, however when using the Ukrainian Cyrillic version, it seems to not recognize this at all and won’t generate a toolpath for the letters. Any one have any ideas on what could be causing this?

For reference, I am carving into soft maple with a 1/8th roughing bit and a 20 degree V-bit for the detailing. I have tried to switch to 1/4, 1/16, and a 1/32 bit for the roughing as well, but still no toolpaths are generated

Can you please share the easel project displaying this issue. the 2nd half of this shows how to share a project and where to copy the share link from: Simple Method - How To send a friend your Easel Project - YouTube

thank you.

Yes, that does seem to be an issue. Only two of the included fonts support Cyrillic. Those fonts are Amatic SC and Montserrat. See if you can work with those.

If not, create your text as a graphic, convert it to an SVG and then import that.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I was using Livvic but once I changed it to Podkova and the toolpaths were created.

I did a test and made a list of all the fonts that are usable with Cyrillic text by installing all available “Pro” fonts and running down the list. Those with a star beside them carve some Cyrillic characters but not all of them.

In no particular order:

Amatic SC
Monserrat
Alegreya Sans
Alegreya SC
Alice
Anonymous Pro
Arimo
Bad Script
Bitter
Caveat
Cormorant SC