Not carving/cutting correctly

And its fine, that just mean that we may need to take things step-by-step and deal with one issue at a time.
CNC is fun but can be fully “into the very deep-end” of the machining pool and we all started somewhere.
And we all end up somewhere else :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually had someone put together for me. Someone I thought knew what they were doing. My main motor board caught fire last week and I had to replace now the stepper broke, I will overcome all these obstacles, may be one at a time but I will do it. I cut several things yesterday which did not cut all the way through my material. I let it do what it did and cut the remaining by hand.

which is nice but problematic. If you do the assembly then you get to know all the parts of the machine and hopefully get a better understanding of the interaction between parts. now you have to try to understand things from the outside looking in and never get the inside view. That was one of the biggest advantages of assembling your own machine. and this also explains why you are having so much trouble with the machine. If you had done the assembly you would have learned so much and now you have skipped grade school and are taking college level courses without basic knowledge. I am sure that most on this site will help you along the way but just wanted you to understand that you did not do yourself any favours by skipping the first years of “school”.

1 Like