Not sure what happened

I cut with my xcarve about a month ago. In the meantime, I used my Arduino IDE to compile and upload a sketch to a different board. I tried to use my xcarve again and now it won’t do anything.

Some more details may help a bit. Try to explain the issue a little better.

Windows? Check device manager to make sure it shows up.

It showed up in device mgr. I have since uninstalled everything and started over to no avail. My setup was almost two yrs old and ran perfectly. Now I’m finding updated firmware and it’s still not working. I’ve uploaded grbl 1.1f to the arduino. I tried to setup and calibrate in easel and that don’t work either.

Baud rare is 11520

Use Inventables grbl fork. Google it.

I have tried that too

Did u find it in device manager and right click and install?

What do you mean? That may be where I’m going wrong

When USB is plugged in go to device manager and there will be an unknown device with a yellow triangle right click and I believe you need to select install driver.

I’m not sure off the top of my head. But look through the controller build and the forum.
This can happen if windows updated or you reinstalled.

Erase you arduino, use inventables fork 1.0c. Try that.

I will try some of this when I get home and report back. I’m open to any other ideas also guys. Thanks

Ok I got it back working and it seems to be correct but the steps are way off. I test cut a small engraving that was supposed to be 3/4" tall and it was almost 3" tall. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Yes I’m reading up on it now. My $100 and $101 are set to 250. Seems that it should be around 40

Several people that have recently changed their firmware have gotten versions of grbl that were not set up for the Xcarve.

You can either search for the correct defaults, or post your $$ output here and I’ll check them.

I have found another users settings. I’m going to mess with it some more and see if I can get it right. It’s something I’ve been needing to do anyway. I used easel the first time and never really knew how to change anything. I just worked through it. Now I will know exactly what’s going on and how to fix it. I appreciate everyone’s help.

Here’s some info to help with that:

1 Like

Super helpful. And insanely good knowledge. I used to feel lost with the big dogs like @LarryM. But after reading this through i now feel like I understand their dirty money talk.
$101=39.983 n stuff like that.

Lol. That’s how I feel now. I understand coding but I never had to figure out this code breakdown. Easel did it all for me. Now that I’m forced to get into it, it’s not bad at all. I will definitely read over it. Thanks!