Noticed a new feature while using Easel tonight

While I was running a surfacing process on my 1000M, I noticed a control at the top of Easel that said “Feed Override”. If this is not new then I guess I missed it, but I clicked on it and was allowed to enable a control to change the Feed rate while in the middle of a carve. Cool feature! I had wondered if you could change the rate during a carve and now you can.

Thanks Inventables for adding new features to Easel!

Donnie

hey! its been there for a little bit, about 2 months I think. it can really help you fine tune things while it carving. I have used it a few times to decrease feed rate and a few times to increase it.

I cant see it on mine?
Just using it now and there is no option there?

I use it all the time. If I begin a carve too slow, it’s great to be able to speed it up on the fly.

1 Like

I don’t have it either, I think it is a newer version you have to update.

1 Like

I guess I just never noticed it. Too busy watching the carve, lol. It only shows up while the carve is in process and you have to click on the wording to enable the + / - buttons to adjust the feed rate.

Donnie

You mean upgrade the firmware or the easel software? I though been web based you dint have to?

you need to have the latest firmware and easel local that supports feed override.

1 Like

Easel local? So is this like an offline software?

no not at all.

Easel Local is the json server that the cloud based software uses to connect to the port and send the commands. without it Easel has no way to “talk” communicate with the controller.

if you have a working machine with the stock controller at some point you installed Easel Local. if that was several versions back you might need to upgrade to a newer version that supports feed overrides. you can check your version through machine inspector and get the newest version through help- downloads in the easel program.

1 Like

Thanks Ken.
Yes I’m running the latest Easel local 0.3.10 but still no control over feed rates.
Not the end of the word, but would be nice feature :smiley:

check and see if you have grbl version 1.0c (came stock with x-cotroller) or 1.1f (newest version) you can upgrade that though machine - advanced - upload firmware. and see if that gives you what you are looking for.

1 Like

Ken I run 1.1f

Many thanks

1 Like

GRBL 1.1 is required for the feed rate override. GRBL v1.1f is the Inventables choice of 1.1 builds that they deploy to systems.

Looks like the latest Easel is 0.3.10.

@JeffTalbot @rodovich Any reason why feed rate override won’t show using 1.1f and EaselLocal 0.3.10?

2 Likes

It’s only available during carves, @PanosGerontis are you running a cave and not seeing it?

1 Like

Hi Rob…yea I’m running a curve the same time, but nothing shows bud.
Firmware Version: Grbl 1.1f
Easel Driver Version: 0.3.10

Browser?

1 Like

Chrome

Many thanks

Hmm, striking out

1 Like

lol… I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Where in Easel usually shows it?