[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

May I get acces please?

@SchaalTom Go for it!

ooh, ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me

Would love to use this feature for fushion360 g code

I am working on a mac and am stuck on the “In fusion 360, open the Post Process dialog under CAM and set the configuration folder to a folder containing the downloaded Easel.cps” I can’t find any way to set the folder. What am I missing?

This is awesome, I did this in VCarve and and then I grabbed the gcode in Easel. I used MDF and .125 ball nose. Thanks.

4 Likes

@RichardKing @AndrewHansen Picked!

@AndrewStaroscik Fusion360 is a bit different on macs, you can’t actually set a post process folder in the post process dialog. You’ll have to navigate to place it in ~/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts then it should show up under Personal Posts

Any idea whether Easel can handle this code? Its from Halftoner.

@RichardKing Sorry, Easel will throw a tantrum because of those NXXX pre-fixes. I’m also not sure if it can handle G00 or G01 either, Easel likes G0 and G1.

Fusion360 is really misbehaving. I managed to use the easel post once by putting it in the cloud as described here: Solved: New Dashboard - Autodesk Community but I realized I had a setting wrong and when I tried to do it a second time, F360 is telling me that there are no profiles available.

Putting the file in ~/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts doesn’t work either. I still get told that no posts are available.

Hi Paul, I have not changed the g code, worked directly from ARTCAM

Hmmmm I’m not sure what the issue can be. You’re sure you selected “Personal Posts” from the drop down in the post process dialog (after dropping easel.cps in the /Posts folder)

I’d love to use this. I generate through V-Carve Pro.

I would like try this. I currently use aspire and sketch up

Ok I now have it working with both the cloud file as described in the link I shared above and with a local copy the way you described. My mistake was that I was putting the file in ~/Fusion 360 CAM/… not ~/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/… Not sure why the program felt the need to install two files.

Thanks for your help

Sign me up… I need to try this out!

I am running VCarve Desktop and would like to have this option also. As a side note, I love my xcarve cnc machine.

Yes, please include me in the testing. I’ve been trying blender with blendercam and other open source tools for gcode creation.

please include me in the new feature G-code sending through easel

thank you
                                                                               Harley

I’d like access to this, fellow Fusion 360 user.