OK, so I went to commission my X-carve (I mean 2 years after I built it, hahaha - I’ve been busy). I own a “real” milling machine so am pretty familiar with getting a mill up and working. Went through the stepper check, and then enabled the limit switches and tried to home. The mill slammed into the end of Y and didn’t stop. I hit e-stop and took a look… OMG I am such a moron and put the limit switch on the wrong side of the plate to hit that front plate at the end of Y.
Now I looked at this and thought, I mean I could take it all apart and swap the switch to the inside of that plate, but that sounds like work. A quick drop into Fusion and I made a little clip on end-stop which attaches via 2 tapped M2.5 socket head screw holes. Yeah, I guess I now have a 999mm Y-axis, but whatever. and “0” is now +1mm in Y. I mean I am not machining turbine blades on this (mostly wood signs, etc) so precision placement isn’t critical here
Apparently I am (didn’t even know I was missing it). Well now I have my own version I guess (I had to make a spacer version for the X-axis one as the dust shoe impacts the side before the limit switch trips.
Apparently I don’t have one of those either (I mean god knows what got missed in the build years ago). So it was just easier to 3D print one (I measured out a distance with a set of calipers and printed the stop the right length (if I need it adjustable I will just tap the hole to allow adjustment via a screw.