I just wanted to let you all now that I am so excited that I ordered last week in the UK (as I am based in Germany) my first XCarve 1000mm and received already 3 from 4 packages , as it was split to 4 packages from ROBOSAVVY. This shop is very professional in the order process and also the rework together with the customer are really well prepared.
After I ordered and also before I watched many youtube videos about different subjects related to the XCarve.
I am just looking for a folding table as I ahem not so much space in my workshop.
Another thing is that I printed with my 3D printer a dust shoe and also a shim for the original Dewalt spindle mount that I can use my Makita RT0700 router.
I am not sure where I can ask my first questions, as I am not sure if I am in the right section.
Please move this topic in case that I am not in the correct section.
Here are my few questions:
- Foliding table for the XCarve
- Can I put the XCarve in Vertikal from both sides or do I need to consider anything ?
- Can I also put the Controller Box wall mounted? Or anything which would create a problem? Not sure if cables are long enough
- Makita Router
- I ordered several original bits with 1/8 shaft, Hay anyone experience with the Makita RT0700 and the collet for the shaft which the bits have? Which collet do I need and can I get this in Europe?
- Should I order in future other bits in Europe any source which someone could recommend?
- Easel Software
- I read a lot in this forum and also about the software and understood that I could use 4 times a month the pro version. I am a beginner and would like to know what other alternatives I should try ? Many people are talking about the Fusion 360, but I understood the Vcarve is much more user friendly …
For the time being this is all what I would like to know , or would like to hear your recommendation.