Ordering Parts to build a 1800mm x 1000mm

I am planning on purchasing an X-Carve setup, I originally planned on just ordering the 1000mm x 1000mm setup. After seeing in the forums that many people have built an 1800mm x 1000mm setup without too many issues I believe that is how I would like to go.

I found a parts list in the forums that gave sku numbers for all the parts need for the upgrade, but it is a little old and not all the sku numbers exist anymore. Can anyone provide an updated list?

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to CNC so more the more information the better

Thanks

When did the new Gantry’s start shipping? I received my machine yesterday and I was curious if I had the newer model.

I cannot seem to find any more about extending this unit to longer than 1000. Has anyone butted a 750 makerslide to the unit to extend?

@KevinCarlson welcome to the xcarve forum.

Extending the xcarve can be accomplished but it requires new extrusions if you want it to be ridged and seamless. I have posted a link to openbuilds website where you can buy the parts pretty cheap. You can also find most of the parts on ebay. splicing the Y1 Y2 rails can be done by making a splicer plate but honestly the profiles are so cheap your better off just buying enough to make 1 piece rails.

Here is a link to the Liner Rail you attach to any v-slot profile to make your own Makerslides.
https://openbuildspartstore.com/openrail-linear-rail/

1 Like