Paisley Tele project

It’s trans tint purple. Rockler carries it

1 Like

I love this Bill! Killer man, just killer!

Thanks Clinton, it raised a few eyebrows at the guitar show last week and it’s not even done. Got plans for a custom neck to go with it too.

how are you going to drill the horizontal wiring holes into where the pickups are located?

I use a 10" x.250 drill bit. First I go from the neck pocket all the way to the bridge pickup, the I poke a hole from the bridge pick up to the control cavity

Like this

Wow - I’d probably just skip the pocket routing and hang the engraved blank right on my wall - love the paisley pattern!

Thanks! Yeah, I’m thinkin about doing the alder one in the pictures above in flames of some sort or pinstripes. I might say this a little too often, but I really love my laser.

Update: did some light sanding in the center and added some cherry stain to the back and sides to warm it up a bit. The flame figure is really starting to show!

6 Likes

looks great!I won’t share any of my guitar projects on here yet, as they have all been done prior to my X-carve coming into the stable.

but, i’ll sure have some to show soon!!

Man that looks excellent…can’t wait to see it finished!

Looks very good. Can’t wait to see the finish. :smiley:

6-8 coats of clear, ready for some polishing. I’m in the process of designing a custom bridge that will compliment the paisley. More to come…

5 Likes

If the Purple one were still with us, he might have been in contact with you!

Nicely done.

2 Likes