Paw paw's projects

A Veterans Day thank you

6 Likes

Happy Veterans Day and Thank You for your service Phillip.
Phillip I have some fonts that work great for laser engraving, I can send them to you if you don’t have them They also work good on the XCarve. Let me know

3 Likes

@RussellCrawford Awesome! That would be great if you could send them to me. Thank you very much.

1 Like

More learning with the laser. I wanted to see if I can cut through 3mm plywood with the laser. Also, did a simple indexing layout to do a small production run. I having a great time with the laser and the XCarve. It is so easy to switch from one program to another (Lightburn to Easel)

4 Likes

Phi the laser is in my future to purchase, thanks for doing the videos! , next up for me n the very near future is a drum sander and planer.

3 Likes

Great Video. I’d like to suggest the possible use of a 1/4" downcut bit. It would be long enough and would give you a very clean cutout. Since you have plenty of waste material around the cutout, I think you would have no problems using the larger bit and you would get the benefit of a downcut shearing action.

Also another idea for hold down is to use a thicker waste board and in the safe areas of the project waste, actually use 1-1/4 bugle head screws to hold it down. That would alleviate the warp concern in the center of the piece and would also hold it down flush. I use this method whenever I can.

regards.
Dave

1 Like

Phil, great information first off. I enjoy reading your posts and looking at your videos. I just bought a J-Tech and was wondering if you would be willing to add your Easel laser sign to the project folder.

Thanks again for your time and effort in helping others.

Dave

1 Like

@DavidRToletti. Yes, I would be happy to do it for you

1 Like

With my J Tech Photonics laser I engraved a name on a round pen blank. Complete success. Here is a video. Start at 6:00 for that process.

2 Likes

@DavidYerkes I have uploaded the Laser sign into the Inventables project. I hope you enjoy it.

Nice video Phil keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks Wayne. Merry Christmas to you and your family

1 Like

Same to you Phil and keep that grandson interested in the shop.

1 Like

Going to watch it tonight, all your videos are great! the laser is my next purchase.

Thanks for the upload, appreciate all your help.

Happiest Holidays to you and your family.

Dave

1 Like

This project file is for Zachary. Hope this helps you. All you need to do is complete it in Easel. Look at 1865, that’s done. My email to you tells you how to do the rest. Any questions please let me know. Hopefully, this will help you and you will also learn a little more about easel…good luck
https://easel.inventables.com/projects/n71Si4RfIlcx_cXUlI90bQ

3 Likes

I love the laser. The detail that can be achieved is amazing. The latest gift that I made is a good example. The Millenium falcon is loved by my son, for that matter, anything Star Wars. He loved this gift that was inspired by my grandson.

4 Likes

Nice job as ussual Phil. Next year for Christmas i am going to get you some glasses.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice job Phil.
I think 2020 may be the year for a laser in my shop.
Question,
What do you use as a sealer?
What spray paint do you use?

2 Likes

Hey Guys and Gals, I just got the OK to offer a 15% discount on the Starbond Glue. Here is a quick video and discount code to enter on the Starbond site.

2 Likes