Paw paw's projects

Hello Mr. Lunsford! I have subscribed to your channel and watched this video on youtube prior to logging on here. I am amazed at some of the techniques you use. Your new bumpstop video posted today and I came on here to see if your plans for it had been posted. I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I overstep here. In your videos, you talk about making items public. Does that mean your plans are downloadable and if so, where might I find those to import to my account? My machine is on its way and I was hoping to make something useful straight out of the gate. Thanks In advance! Jay.

Go to the description in the video. The link is there to take you directly to the inventables project page and you can download the file. You have to have an account to access Easel. Congratulations on your purchase

I did a live stream on changing brushes on my channel. Here is the video

4 Likes

Just finished making some male knobs for my rustic flag jig and testing the improved Replicator App

4 Likes

Phil you can just choose "use last XY " after probing for the second bit.

1 Like

Yes you can. However it does not work 100% of the time. I’ve had it lose it and it takes off to who knows where. Doing it this way it’s 100%

2 Likes

I too am a beginner. I have created a couple signs in Easel with little difficulty. How did you find the learning curve for InkScape?..I am assuming it is fairly large. What other software should we look at?

Thanks
Skip…

Inkscape is actually easy to learn. I use it mainly to convert file to svg. But it has many many capabilities that I’m still learning. For a free software, it’s great. The other software that I use is Vcarve Desktop. I have many examples on my thread here to see as well as on my YouTube channel where I how to use the software

2 Likes

I’ve had similar where “use last” ended up off by quite a lot.

Great new videos. Appreciated!!

I have used “last xy” hundreds of times with never an issue.

1 Like

@MarkA.Bachman. I’ll try it again I was very skeptical and did not want it to run away again. Thus doing an alternative

I can only think of 3 reasons it would go elsewhere.

1. Lost steps during last carve
  2. Spindle was moved during bit change
  3. Last material zero was not where you thought it was or your art is not where you think it is.

Hi Phillip!

Hope you are well! What Vbit are you using in your flag video?

Thank you,

Juan

90 degree vbit

White side or Amana? Sorry should have been more specific.

I use both. I have links to the bits in the description of the video

Ahhh ok. I usually just watch the video in the feed rather than follow the link. Thanks!

February 18,2019 at 7:00 PM CST I’m doing a LIVE STREAM on my YouTube channel. I have a special announcement, quick tips and as usual Q&A Session

1 Like

Did i already miss this?

Has not started yet. waiting now