Paw paw's projects

No, I have tried that also. They tell me it is not available

You are a great resource and i appreciate your videos i just received my xcarve and will start the build on Monday you helped push me over the fence lol thanks again.

1 Like

@DavidRToletti. That’s awesome! Welcome to the forum. I hope you told inventables I helped push you over the fence to make the purchase. Lol.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum David, I purchased my X-Carve last year and like you Paw Paw’s videos were a big help in making my decision.

2 Likes

Same here!! Phillip is a major influencer in my choice of cnc as well.

1 Like

@AndrewHarris @RussellCrawford. That’s awesome. I had no idea. I know Inventables is not aware. I’m glad to have played a role in your decision. I would love to hear from others that share your feelings.

2 Likes

New project using combine and Offsetter app.

6 Likes

Very good video!

Love the vid Phillip! By the way, do you know the difference between Offsetter and Offsetter 2?

Ok, I just Install a J Tech Photonics laser on my XCarve. Let the learning curve begin! I’ll share my experiences as I learn this new and exciting laser engraving. Here is the install video

6 Likes

Lucky you! watched it last night. On my to purchase list at some point in time. I am confident your videos will help with the process of using it. Thanks Phil!

Thanks Phillip, great video as always!

This looks like a great addition, can’t wait to see it in action

Moving right along on my laser project. I needed a sign for outside of my shop. Made from PVC board.

7 Likes

First test cut with laser. Here is the video.

1 Like

Ok, I tried something that I have not seen on the forum before. I took an old file that I carved in Easel. I had used Inkscape and easel to design this for the CNC. I saved the file to my computer and then opened in in the Lightburn software. The size was perfect. It was ready to engrave. I did adjust the fill as a test. This is FANTASTIC. Here is a photo of the test

4 Likes

Hey Phil, I have a question. I’m also looking at getting a laser like yours. My X-Carve is in my basement and I worry about the smoke generated when engraving.

Is there a lot of smoke generated by the laser, in your videos it doesn’t appear to be a lot of smoke. Do you use a fan or some kind of air assist to reduce and dissipate the smoke?

Thanks a lot. I love your videos.

…Peter

@Peter I thought the same thing. No fan, no vacuum. The vinyl did smell. Has not been a problem. I wish I had done this sooner.

Hey Phillip, please don’t laser engrave vinyl unless you have an MSDS that states it is a safe material. It’s very bad for you and your equipment.

3 Likes

You are right. It was only a quick first and last test. Thank you