Paw paw's projects

That’s a neat idea! May try that one myself

It works great. It’s just ugly. I tried several things in easel that I had not used before. Also after the initial test I realized I needed a small ramp in the back and was able to add the cut in easel and make a new slot using the last xy setting. This was a good learning tool and will be useful in the pantry as well. I need to make a total of four of these for all the can goods. Rotation becomes simple

Very clever. I like organizational things like that

Thank you

Just finished this for my soon to be granddaughter.

11 Likes

Finished painting today. Can’t wait to give this to the proud parents

20 Likes

That’s incredible. Fantastic job painting too!

Thank you very much

and I thought it looked good before the paint… wow

Thank you. I appreciate it. It was a fun project to do

Just a quick letter project for my daughter in law. She is doing the finishing. Used foam as a backer to prevent cutting into the waste board

2 Likes

This is my latest project that I am doing for my son. It looks great until I get to the center. I am open to suggestions on how to get the “state of Louisiana " with more detail and not broken letters. Got to do work on the pelican as well. I used a 1/32” bit for this test carve. Calling on all the experts for a better way to carve. By the way this was just scrap wood thus the coloring

4 Likes

I just ordered some down cut bits from inventables that are due in next week. I downloaded fengrave but could not get it to work. Could not even open it. Definite lack of computer skills. Ian planning on buying vcarve desktop for Christmas. That will be a great learning experience.

Can you cheat and fool easel and put a v bit in and only cut perhaps .05 deep. Will that work on such small text?

1 Like

I am going to try it. I’ll show the results. I think round ends will be fine here

thanks

1 Like

I was planning on making something very similar. It looks great! BZ!

1 Like

Nice to see someone down my way Phillip, I’m in Chalmette

Wow did not know anyone was this close with a x carve. How long have you had your machine. I got mine in February 17

I purchased mine in June 2016

A different kind of project. I am forever needing two 2x6 for my truck to carry plywood. The problem is when they are stored I will accidentally grab one and use it for something else. Then, when I need them again, they are gone. Well, no more, they are now marked and will be painted next. Problem solved. And yes these were just two old boards.

3 Likes