Paw paw's projects

Lol, everything that I have made on the CNC has been a free giveaway

Lol when your are at 0 profit you have nowhere else to go except but up. I just would like for the kids to just pay for the materials. That is rare also

3 Likes

Not true. There is always down. Down a deep well of upgrades:
Ebay - Z AXIS 5" travel for $10,159.00

Are you kiddingly??? Is that a misprint? That definitely not in my future in any realm. Wow,that just crazy price. I’m trying to figure ours how to afford vcarve desktop and wondering if I really need it. Or more important convince myself that I need it. I just bought $50 in bits, so I guess you are right zero is not zero. I’m in the hole

That’s a misprint. Most linear Z upgrades are $100-$200 for the actual axis. You can reuse stock motor.

I’m still a hobbiest. So my rule is ‘no major purchases for it until it starts paying for itself’.

yeah,but it has free shipping.

2 Likes

Keith… look for “hardwood lumber” in your area. I did a search and found about 5 in Lubbock. They should have more selection and better prices then HD or Lowes, but are sometimes not as convenient.

For pine I’ve been doing a coat of wood conditioner, stain, sanding sealer, then hit with a block with 320, then 2 coats of shellac. Seals up nicely and looks good in my opinion

Well thats the catch with the whole thing lol and a good catch at that I would say

1 Like

Sure it is! Why do you think I own an x-carve now? :grin:

well idk about you but i bought mine to get the ladies! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sellers on ebay will often do this when they are out of stock rather than cancelling the listing they figure no one will buy it and if you do they will probably just cancel the sale. They loose all of their search advantages if they cancel and relist when they have stock.

1 Like

Thanks! That explains a few that I have seen.

Just finished this sign. No sanding at all in this soft pine. I big thank you to someone in the forum who suggested doing a finishing path in Easel and explained how to do it. Sorry, can not find the original post, but the idea is to cut your sign, then once finished, increased the depth by .002. Change the depth of cut to the same depth and cut the project again. It worked great! I have put one coat of shellac on it

6 Likes

If you open the gate she will lick you to death with her wet tongue. Lol, my son’s dog

Next door neighbor kid is opening the gate. Had to lock the gate fortunately the dog stays inside most of the time. Sign is for both fun and notice that a dog lives here

Tried two heavy coats of shellac and let it soak into the wood. Sprayed paint the letters. Sanded with 60 grit then 120 grit. No bleeding this time.

6 Likes

looks good. i tried that a couple of times and with the shellac on it it just wanted to smear real bad.

It may had wax in the shellac or maybe old.