Paw paw's projects

could have been but it is a new can and says wax free…

nice work. :slight_smile:

@WayneHall you likely laid it on too thick and it didn’t fully cure. Shellac can gum up and be sticky for quite some time if it’s too thick and not cured fully. Very thin coats are best.

1 Like

Mineral spirits will gum it up. Use alcohol to clean brushes or thin

your way works fine PJ what i was talking about was sanding the excess paint off with sanding sealer on the board. it wanted to smear bad.

1 Like

i use an ob sander and i probably put the sealer on to heavy. i am the kind if a little is good a lot is a lot better.

1 Like

I paint it on heavy with a brush, let it soak in and then brush off the excess. When dry, apply second coat the same way. Spray paint with laquer or oil base paint. Let dry. Then sand with 80 grit paper, then 120. Stain wood or seal and you are done. Phil method avoids the sanding off the finish. Paint the letters it oil base paint and use mineral spirits to remove the excess paint. You are done at this point. Both methods work. It boils down to personal preference

1 Like

Thank you Traxxtar for sharing this outstanding project

6 Likes

Ok, finally got back into the shop and finished this sign. It only took three weeks to find shop time

2 Likes

Nice Wedgie Sled

@PhillipLunsford please could you show how you use your wedgie sled.

2 Likes

YouTube has a ton of videos.

Got it thanks, ingenious, I have a lathe sat on my bench in the shop that I have been too scared to use for over a year, this has inspired me to give it a go. Thanks

The very definition of a hobby

BOAT
Bust Out Another Thousand

JEEP
Just Empty Every Pocket

Yep…I know.

Oh so true. I don’t have a boat and sold my Jeep years ago

The reason for no shop time this month. Yep we have a new granddaughter

10 Likes

Congratulations.
Very nice work.

This was all done in Easel. The stork was from google and was brought directly into Easel as well. I did not use Inkscape for this project

First I hope that you looked at the many YouTube videos for some ideas. Here are some pictures of my sled

v

I added some index lines that makes alignment faster with the templates

First cut is with the bottom fence and the second cut is with the top fence. The jig to the right ensures that each segment is exactly the same length. Hope this helps and gets you started. Just ask if you have any other questions. By the way I love the jig. It works great!

6 Likes