Pen plotter attachment

I’ve been looking at videos about people using their CNC to draw with Sharpies, pens, pencils and fabric pens (to make custom tshirts). I was wondering where i could get something like that? I’ve seen some online for around $100 but i know there are less expensive options for it. Even a 3D printed attachment to go around the bottom of the spindle…

2 Likes

You might try here. He made one for me a few years ago but not sure he is still making them. Does not hurt to ask. https://www.designsbyphil.com/

3 Likes

I looked too and didn’t find anything I liked for the pro. Making one is on my to-do list If I get some down time over the holidays… :rofl:

70.00 at woodcraft
Next Wave - Shark Tooth CNC Drawing Tool (woodcraft.com)

1 Like
3 Likes

Our very own @PhillipLunsford has a video on doing just that on his excellent channel here:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, he’s not using thre XCARVE PRO. Im looking for something that can be used on the Pro.

Pretty sure it would be basically the same thing (I mean the attachment points to the spindle might vary for the pen holder. In desperation once I used a wire-tie around the spindle on my Tormach with a sharpie with a spot of tape to stabilize. Later used a drill chuck holder (careful or you crush the sharpie). Making the holder is a 5-minute task in CAD. For 3D printing (probably 10 minutes if you’re going to be making it on the x-carve…

2 Likes

This is what I have used with great success!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.