Pen Plotting Experimentation

I just got a pen plotter attachment from DesignsByPhil.com. First tests are promising.

5 Likes

That looks like fun…

Lots of free ones online. Here’s one from Thingiverse;

2 Likes

@X-CNC definitely models that can be printed yourself, I just don’t have a 3d printer and wanted to support someone who I learned quite a bit from.

3 Likes

Shane, glad you like it… Voldermort takes a lot of pride in his designs.

1 Like

Phil is Voldemort now? I know he didn’t leave the forums on the best of terms but that seems like a bit much.

What are you using to send the gcode? Every time I look into it, I’ve always gotten the impression that most cnc specific gcode software would be too poorly optimized to be useful with a pen plotter.

2 Likes

@Jack13 Easel. My settings on ball point were:

• 1/32" bit
  • Outline
  • 0.2" depth
  • Feed Rate - 80 in/min
  • Depth Per Pass - 0.2"

I did a test for filling in using sharpie, and that worked for the most part. You just have to set the diameter of the bit as the stepover for the amount that will be colored in.

I think you missed the joke. He who must not be named. OOGA BOOGA!

5 Likes

Yeah. Just a joke. Posts with his name tend to disappear.

1 Like

Cool. I will have to order one of those sometime soon!

I’m sure we just have to find the 7 Horcrux that he carved somewhere around here. :mage:

2 Likes

@DamnitJim Y’know? He did just make an elder wand on the rotary demon. You might be onto something…

2 Likes

Some more pen plotting going on, tomorrow my wife and I will be taking pictures to announce an upcoming child, so I used chalk markers on black board to make a sign.

5 Likes

Very cool.