Phil's Clips Ads

…seems like these are getting a little spammy…

I know I’m new to the community, and Phil’s clips are reported to be great, but is this “okay”?

Clips

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be in violation of anything. It’s not even the same person. Appears to me that Phil has ALOT of very pleased customers. I know I love mine.

It’s a directed spam campaign, whether by phil, or just by several groupies… either way it does not reflect well on him

2 Likes

Phil made a decision to leave the forum, purely by choice. To call for this spam campaign (he requested this on a facebook group) is just more of his childish behavior. I hope inventables bans everyone that participates in this nonsense.

@Zach_Kaplan

3 Likes

I’m staying out of all this, but thank you for saying what most are thinking.

I want to go back to talking about cnc!

4 Likes

I agree. If he does not want to participate in this forum that is his decision to make. Since that was his decision he should just move on and stop the annoying antics. I am sure he would not appreciate people flooding his sites with spam.

1 Like

@Zach_Kaplan

Isn’t this considered inflammatory?

1 Like

You are correct…I was wrong to call him childish. I still hope the spamming has stopped.

That’s the answer ban everyone!! NOT! This forum lost a lot of valuable members do to childish behavior

2 Likes

Curtis. I seen the clips that Phil is selling, but just trying to get a understanding of the difference from the sock clips that came with the x-carve?

they are wider, in order to fit 9mm belt upgrade. also these ones have been machined locally to Phil and they have gone through a Quality control process via Phil and his supplier. he wanted belt clips that were sure not to flex and bend under pressure, there are some that come from chine that look great but they have the chance to flex over time

The ‘other’ ones are just as good and are available right here on the forum b/s/t. (edit: buy/sell/trade section)

A rubber belt will never bend 2mm steel, so please stick to the facts.

Thicker belts are stronger but need some new compatible parts like idlers, pulleys and belt clips. It is a worthwile upgrade to do imo.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Didn’t realize there was a belt upgrade done. I will have to look into that a bit further. Thanks for the info.

I never once said anything about other belt clips sold here, I said some belt clips from china. (this is fact)

There are reviews of 9mm belt clips from china that have indeed bent (fact)

A rubber belt is not just rubber, they are urethane and kevlar, if they have no tears or wear at all, you can actually pull them so tight they will bend the clips (fact)

I have ran my machine so aggressively in the past that I bent my stock clip while under load (fact)

I answered a forum question, I answered the question with my knowledge of Phils belt clips, Vs the reviews I have read about Chinese belt clips the question directly asked about Phils belt clips. I did not disparage anyone during my post.

why did you feel the need to come here and attack my response (stick to the facts please) I simply gave my opinion and you went after me.

I have read through a few of your responses to posts here and you seem to post very antagonistic responses to other peoples posts, I may be wrong but that’s how take them when I read them.

@Zach_Kaplan this is the stuff I’m speaking of, we post an opinion or give advice and then someone comes and starts up on people with an antagonistic attitude, if I verbally defend myself then I get the ban or warning. This users response did nothing to move the community forward, he simply came to tell me that my recommendations and opinions were wrong, but in a non constructive manner. If the antagonistic posts halted, then maybe the verbal battles would as well. again, just my opinion

3 Likes

Lance,

Regardless of the perhaps less than positive response you got from my original question by others, I appreciate your insight, and experience had. I am still learning my X-carve, and far from feeling like I have complete hang of this thing. I am complete newb to CNC, but finding a lot of fun, along with equal aggravation in trying to learn how to do this.
So honest straight forward feed back that you gave me is exactly what I, and sure others New to X-carve is looking for. I follow a few others on here on You-Tube, or directly messaging back and forth. So perhaps if the others with the experience, and knowledge like yourself please continue sharing your knowledge.
Again thanks for your feedback, I now have some additional info to look into, to further improve my knowledge, and continue to improve.

1 Like