Phil's Random 3D printed parts and accessories

I’m building a 40W lasercutter and have been looking at extraction fans over the last few days. Best I came up with, and will be used in my lasercutter is this one. 270 CFM (they claim) in a 4" package for a reasonable price.

1 Like

Printed the sharpie holder yesterday. Had to slice it into 2 parts to print and glue the two pieces together …only have a small Monoprice mini select printer. Printed well but didn’t have time to test on Xcarve. Thanks again for the design, Phil

1 Like

Nice job Phil. I have a samsung with the otter box case but not sure it is an 8. Looks cool.

1 Like

Success with the sharpie holder. The dragon pic ( it’s supposed to be jagged (scales I guess)) was done with a ultra fine point Sharpie. I super-glued the spring to the top cap.

1 Like

How are you adjusting the tool path to cut the corners?

Cool I had not found that yet. As you know I am learning vcarve now. Thanks for all the help

1 Like

You just reminded me I need to make my suckit boot fit the new linear z… you should make adapter files for those :wink:

If you have room you might want to move your terminal block away from the edge. If one uses crimp on connectors they will lose some Z height unless they bend the crimp connectors out at a 90 degree angle.

Maybe you have shorter crimp connectors than I do.

1 Like

I think digital images pick up way more detail than the human eye does naturally. I received the prototype laser mount for the quiet cut spindle earlier this week and was also amazed by the finish and even more so by How well everything fit together.
Much thought and planning went into the design of this, Mr. Phil has a real gift and he’s not afraid to share it.

5 Likes

He is. Now if @PhilJohnson would just start a Patreon so we can chip in on his work…

I would try to place my IOT switch in there to clean that mess up. right now it is just laying on the sideboard.

1 Like

what program do you use to model these items? F360?

you have any use for the new iot relay dims?

1 Like

Nice, Modeled supports always break away easier and leave cleaner marks than generated supports. I’ve always built them in where needed or tried to design with angles where I can get away with the bridging without them.

Looks good! Love how you are always improving your designs!

1 Like

@PhilJohnson I am about to print the arms for your dust collection. What orientation did you print them on your printer? . Also, did you use bridging and would a 20% infill work ok? (I just got the 3d printer and this is the part I have been hesitating printing since I don’t have the greatest grasp of when to orient what way)

Thanks again for access to the files and, well, everything you do for this community.

@PhilJohnson, I got everything printed, for the gantry clamp, but it is preventing the X axis from moving far enough for the limit switch to hit. Did you stop using your limit switches?

I just paid you an “Asked Phil A stupid question I could have figured out myself if I had looked just a bit harder tax.”

2 Likes