Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

I just used the X-Carve Inch PP that Inventables provided. I did remove the tool change command “T1” it caused lots of problems (at least for me)

Here is the official guide to editing the PP files

Post_Processor_Guide.pdf (961.9 KB)

1 Like

There is another one called Easel
It works good with Easel
Just an fyi for those of us using Easel instead of UGS or any other tool.

I added the M05 in the Vcarve PP to shut off router when done. Works great in UGS,

I usually just have the bit make a shallow .05 mark where the hole should be, then actually drill it on the drill press. Much faster and does not wear out the milling bit.

Is there a treatment process you can use?
Like I have seen some use a wood treatment coating to make wood less soft so it cuts cleaner. I forgot where I seen it. :confused: I will have to dig in my stuff to see if I can locate it. Also google helps.

Thanks for sharing the link!

1 Like

Lots of files but I did not see a way to search, did I miss it?

I see it now, it is under the Browse menu at the top, thanks

1 Like

Looks great.
Keep it up

1 Like

I ran the texture at 100% default. When I did my end plates. But really the texture is there to add contrast & help the eye focuse on the numbers imo. So I wouldn’t worry about that having a lot of detail. But if you look at some of the free projects from Vectric you can look at the texture paths they did to have an idea. The rustic welcome sign has a good one I think

1 Like

nice how did you do the sign shape?

1 Like

I’d love to see the finished welcome home sign if you carve it.

1 Like

Nope, but Aspire does a great job with that. I imported a jpg image of a fossil and within 30 seconds I had converted it to a height map 3D object. It worked so good it was like magic.

3 Likes

Nice work Phil. What fonts are you using? much nicer than anything I have.
thanks

I use a 3rd party app to create a 3d model from the greyscale image then import that.

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t know they existed.

1 Like

The one I use isn’t free
However Blender is free and may do it. Just not a blender user. Would have to look into it.

1 Like

cool!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe (I can check the files when I get home to be certain), I was running my finishing pass with the tapered ballnose at 100IPM. And that was with a 0.5mm radius tip. And I left 0.03 " for cleanup.

You should have no issues pushing the speed.

1 Like