Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

DSC02495 Best I have done so far did my 1st carve the 23rd.

1 Like

The U-tube video was done by tangeray69. He brought the Bitmap in then instead of tracing it he created a component. But like I said he was using Aspire I haven’t been able to find the option of creating a component under the modeling tab for the Pro addition. I have only been doing this less than a week so I could have missed it.

That’s where I started before I got the machine lots of good info here and there. One other thing I haven’t figured out is Coma’s and apostrophes in the text. just makes a big box. How much is that Eagle file? Thank you for all the great info Phill

1 Like

I got that eagle from CNCvectorart.com $10. Maybe one of these days I can design my own. I just got the CNC to enhance my furniture builds and to play of course.

1 Like

I think it’s mainly getting my brain around taking a flat picture and turning it into 3d. I have two years drafting classes, Associates in computer science, and have been using Xactimate claims adjusting software for 11 years. I should be able to figure it out. Just have to get past that learning curve.

Thanks Robert I’ll do that.

Wow, “1mm radius tapered ball end mill @ .008” step over". Will see you next year.
Happy New Year Phil.:hugs:

Great detail.
I like it.

1 Like

I’m usually not a huuge fan of those faux-reliefs, but this one really turned out allright. Nice work.

1 Like

That added some really nice contrast. What a great job! Well done.

1 Like

That looks awesome

1 Like

I’ve actually used different colors of stain and acrylic on a single carve. Works pretty well. You have to be careful when brushing it on. Made some tree orniments for a local quarter action.

I agree with Uncle Bob. I also liked it better without the dark frame

Now you’re cooking with gas! That looks great!

1 Like

Looks great!!!

1 Like

Great job!!!

1 Like

That looks awesome Phil wish I had that skill with airbrushing.

1 Like

You know this could lead to a Carving problem. Wife already says I never come to bed anymore haha.

2 Likes

That looks awesome

1 Like

Really nice piece there Phil

1 Like