Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

You never really think you need and airbrush and then you get one and think of any reason to use it. I’m going to treat myself to a Harder & Steenbeck this summer.

http://www.germanairbrush.com/pictures/infinity_1.jpg

2 Likes

you see in the picture the brass dial at the end? It is also a button. You can dial in the limit on the trigger so you can set the line width.

1 Like

I’ve been using the same Paache VL double action brush for 20 years… I’ve never had the opportunity to try any other brands. Darned thing has just been reliable. Granted, I’ve replaced enough bent tips and needles to buy at least one new airbrushe over that time :expressionless:

I feel like you would double your sales if he was picking his nose with his middle finger :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Is there any way to change the heights on the clipart in VCarve Desktop? I made this sign and cannot figure out why it is going to take 5+ hours to carve if I have it set at .75 inches thick. I have attached the file if anyone can help me out. This my first time attempting a sign.Watson Rooster Sign.crv (7.5 MB)

I destroy all of my screwups or use them for myself. I feel like if I was to sell my screw ups for a lower price people would see my work and think that my work isn’t the greatest. Or the next person to order would expect them to be the lower price.

Any chance you can take a peek at this and tell me why it is going to take 5+ hours to carve if I have it set at .75 on a 3/4" board? I am at a loss. I can upload the gcode if you need that. I would love to be able to cut things out a faster rate. Watson Rooster Sign.crv (7.5 MB)

DAAAAAANG!
:flushed:

1 Like

That really is outstanding. I need to make one like that.

1 Like

When I used to airbrush I ran it right off of a small compressor… I hated the results. real splotchy even with a regulator. then started running in to a tank and spraying off the tank… soooooo much better.

1 Like

Secretly hoping you share the files… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Urban Dictionary: SWMBO

Acronym for She Who Must Be Obeyed. Term of endearment for one’s wife/girlfriend (or resignation to the nature of your relationship).

who knew…

Phil, did you end upgrading to V Carve Pro?

1 Like

Does the 2 hour limit include downloading, installing and learning F360? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vectric is teasing Vcarve 9 on their Twitter account.

Aren’t updates free for the first year? If not, you may want to hold off on Pro to get V9.

1 Like

“Updates - Customers buying a new license of any Vectric software programs receive any new versions of the product/s that are released within 12 Months of the purchase date Free of Charge.”

What kind of tease are they putting out? I upgraded to PRO in April… I’d hate to miss the window…

really nice

I saw it on the Vectric forum. It may suck if you can’t go from 8.5 to 9 for free. But if you’re in the market for Pro maybe hold off.

Maybe they’ll have a “grandfather” window for those that recently bought it get the new version?

1 Like

Oh, I definitely am, I need to learn F360… I won’t get a chance until after next week, still working 16s until the 4th.

Any recommended tutorials on YouTube to get me started, I can’t touch my home PC, or install software here, but YouTube isn’t blocked and I get downtime every few hours.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed Lars’ videos on Fusion. He really walks you through stuff and has a good series for the beginner.

does fusion have a sketch picture option like solid works?