Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ■■■■ OFF THE PHIL! Just close the door and back away slowly. [quote=“BobJewell, post:853, topic:30128”]
Will you be Rub and Buffing your rooster? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Coffee applied to computer screen…LMAO!

1 Like

What is that material that you are carving the rooster out of?

Oh, I see now, the coloration in the top picture made it look almost like something coated, almost like an old countertop.

1 Like

Isn’t it suppose to be a chicken for the egg farm instead.?? Rooster little bit unrelated to me. Yes I know he is the boss, but can’t produce eggs. :flushed:

Chicken can produce eggs without Rooster, which we’re buying to eat. If rooster gets involved, chicks on my fry pan.

1 Like

Love the sign Phil, great work as always.

I’ve got to disagree with the no rooster = no eggs though. My dad’s had chickens for about 10 years or so and has never had a rooster around.
As far as I understand it, if in good health and fed correctly a chicken will lay on average 1 egg a day

Lol. Don’t get me wrong, the Rooster looks good, and certainly doesn’t look out of place.
At the end of the day you need a Rooster to make some chickens, to make some eggs anyway

1 Like

Sorry man didn’t mean for that to upset you.

If I remember that thread correctly I think it was another user that wound Phil up

2 Likes

Hey @PhilJohnson. When you sand it down what do u use and how do you do it? Any special techniques? And as far as I know it’s ok to sand the rooster as long as you are not choking the chicken. :chicken:
Since u posted the rooster I have been waiting for a choking the chicken line! :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great work as always Phil!!

1 Like

Looking good Phil. I hate to be a party pooper though, but I think the eye is a little cartoony.

Obviously if that’s the look you were going for then great, but I think it takes away from the realism of the detail and your paintjob a bit

Truly outstanding.

1 Like

So what if it does. It’s still outstanding.

1 Like

Did you airbrush the Rooster? if so are you using specialty airbrush paints for this or mixing down water based acrylic paint?

Thanks

1 Like

Your project is turning out very nicely. And, your craftsmanship is a pleasure to see. Very inspiring to say the least.

1 Like

Did you design the frame or was this one you found?

It’s posts like this that get me excited to see what I’ll be able to do one day! Looks great!

1 Like

Curious to see how it turns out.

1 Like