Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

Looks great. That texture had to take quite a bit of time. Fantastic job with the air brush too.

1 Like

Let us know how it turns out, I havenā€™t started making edge lit signs yet, but I have all the materials I need. Would love to see if this method has major improvements over the ā€œstandardā€ p:

1 Like

Raster pocket?

Since I clearly donā€™t understand what your talking about, it sounds like this wonā€™t work if using a vector file? I think I know the difference between raster and vector images, but Iā€™m clearly missing something.

I gotcha. I donā€™t have V Carve (yet). But I get the concept. New terminology to me. Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a setting to make it raster from any direction like diagonal that would be cool to do different angles to get different effects on the same piece, if that makes sense , the 3d yoda I did a rsster carve on the final Detail carve at 45 degree I seem to get a better finish that way .

@PhilJohnson, You, sir, are amazing!

1 Like

Just thinking that might be cool for a design with like a shaded part.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got to learn how to do this. Awesome job!

1 Like

Is that 1/8" cast acrylic and is that under cabinet led light set? What bit did you use. I am going to try this

Thank you for the information

1 Like

Great info, Phil.

Cool base for edge lit signs. Thoughts?

1 Like

The extra parts (minus LEDs) price out the same as buying the entire kit, including LEDs.

Wow that is an amazing design! Makes me want to try it out!

I feel the same way! In my town the cheaper the better! Iā€™d have to bump up the price by quite a bit. I may still have to make one for myself though!

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve got 3 rolls with maybe only 7" used off each because it was cheaper. It will take me a long time to use that many LEDs ::grinning: Going to start buying controller and power
supply separately now. :
Thanks for the links!!

1 Like

Are you going to do a version ā€œthe regular wayā€? might be interesting to see the difference on the same stand.

Yeah. that is what I meant.

1 Like

If only it was operationalā€¦

Looks good! Design and Make model?

1 Like