Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

Thanks for the feedback. Nice fonts.

1 Like

Is that wrong order painting ?
I would paint the base with two coats of Blue first
Carve it
brush paint letters and border
Than sand all surface, clean and put one coat varnish.
Am I wrong?

1 Like

are you implying Phil is wrong then? :speak_no_evil::smiling_imp:

So are they selling just snacks? Or can one also get some Scooby snacks?

1 Like

Footballs, volleyballs, hockey sticks, and maybe different martial arts weaponsā€¦

1 Like

I cant imagine @PhilJohnson ever being wrong. It would violate the physical laws of the universe.

1 Like

I know. And I depend on your knowledge and wisdom all the time to get me through. In fact I just used your glazing info for one of my projects.

I was also going to ask for your advice on what you would do to finish this piece that I just did for myself.

3 Likes

Love the glazing, but I should have used a lighter stain to make it pop more.

1 Like

I have some poplar laying around, along with some select pine. Perhaps should just redo the whole project in that. Its for my wife.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been tempted to buy those files to!

1 Like

I thought I remembered seeing footballs and baseballs in the included 3D files for VCarve Desktop. Iā€™m at work and canā€™t look for them right now.

Football, golf ball, and soccer ballā€¦I didnā€™t see a baseball, but I just did a quick check.

Aspire has a baseball.

I have the baseball set. Itā€™s pretty good.

Iā€™m finalizing a design for it now that I hope to cut whenever I get some time.

Can you play with ā€œYā€ a little, looks like not straight. Centered on bottom, not on top. Maybe thatā€™s the way it is.

Looking good. I donā€™t know anything about baseball, but the bats look a bit too flat at the end. Is there a way you can round them a bit more? Thatā€™s just my opinion

1 Like

Never mind then. Told you I donā€™t know anything baseball lol

Just out of curiosity, on average how long does it take you to carve something like this? Every time I see 3d carves I always cringe because I feel like the time it takes to make something like this vs the what most people would charge makes it end up not being worth it.

Regardless, you do a fantastic job designing these, love seeing your work!

3 Likes

Phil, whats your favorite wood for cutting these projects? I did a golf project yesterday in MDF and itā€™s OK but was wondering what you like.

Thanks.

Itā€™s beautiful design Phil.

1 Like