Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

I wish I had 1/2 the time!

1 Like

Your lowes has maple, wtf?!?!

3 Likes

Seriously…all we have is Oak, Poplar, Cedar, and Select Pine at both HD and Lowes.

Now, I have a cabinet shop with an indoor lumber yard that I can buy all sorts of awesome wood at all sorts of widths and thicknesses. And it’s by the board foot and good pricing as well.

3 Likes

You really need to get outside more. Interact with people who don’t work at Lowe’s, etc. :grin:

2 Likes

As usual, it looks great, Phil.

1 Like

Not gonna lie I prefer the unfinished look over that stain! Still great work!

I’m the same way! My homedepot has these large papers that say that they can special order walnut etc… but when I brought the page they said I can’t lol

Still trying to find some sort of lumber yard that carries any walnut etc. No luck

Unfinished that wood almost looks like plastic lol. Also curious what your secret is to get that kind of carving do you use just V bit with flat bottom set or a combination of bits?

Home depot can be very hit or miss when looking for those types of wood, I can go in one home depot and find walnut maple oak poplar so on, and drive 5 miles down the street to another depot and only find pine and oak. They don’t give this stuff away up here in north east either, was in there today and saw 1" x 6" x 6 ft walnut board was almost $ 68.00

Ha Ha

Is that Harambe chilling in heaven?

2 Likes

…Always

1 Like

Was?!? It still Is! Harambe died for our sins

2 Likes

Twisted relationship. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Phil I used that very same camper vector for a sign! It is a good vector

1 Like

whats the .005" offset do?

Thank you! I bet this will solve my issues with pine!

1 Like

Looks nice!!

1 Like

Try the “Chiller” font in Office

1 Like

Logo was designed in illustrator with shapes otherwise I’d toss ya the font! I could send you a .ai that has the wiggles or whatever youd like to call them.

thiso ne is similar

2 Likes