Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

@PhilJohnson - Make sure you have your xcarve up on the counter :joy:

3 Likes

very cool

it would be awesome if you could just download/model all components, make a solidworks assembly, save assembly as stl, then squish it down by shrinking the Z height in solidworks or another program, resave stl and then import freshly squished file to vcarve. Is this anywhere close to the workflow needed to making a file like this?

thankyou in advance

Looks great, Phil!

1 Like

This is truly amazing. Way beyond my skills. Phill, keep up with your great work!

1 Like

Gorgeous work, Phil. As always.

1 Like

What advantage does vcarve pro have over desktop?

Great work! BZ!

The '57 Chevy Belair was my absolute favorite car model when I was a kid. I can still smell the model glueā€¦ Sighā€¦ Good timesā€¦

As a young adult, I discovered that the two doors were cool, but you could take a four door and chop it. Maybe some dayā€¦

Right now, Iā€™m happy with the Maker-Mobile ('09 Jeep Wrangler 2-door), but next is a classic pickup truck, which is my ā€œgoing into townā€ truckā€¦

1 Like

Have you ever played LCR @PhilJohnson, I just did the same thing last weekend but LCR dice vs standardā€¦ Fun game

1 Like

Have you checked the VCarve clip art file for the dish? I have one in my Aspire clip art library.

I donā€™t see the post now. But I swear that I saw a post from you asking for help with a dish and text carve.

Whoa! The hoses with the piece on the left! Amazing!

Oh, ha ha - I didnā€™t realize this is a render and not the actual. Nice rendering job then!

From the one angle it almost looks like a drill press cutting louvers into the hood! :grinning:

1 Like

Truly amazing, Phil.

1 Like

Cool! Well done!

1 Like

On the other hand, I found a guy up here that sells reclaimed pallets, might be the other halves of yours.

1 Like

that is a nice truck of firewood right thereā€¦ said no maker ever

2 Likes

man i wish i could find a deal like that here. right now itā€™s all just flood damaged furniture

Houston

2 Likes