Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

Hope they payed well!

1 Like

Very beat idea! You should also include a few links on where to source the aluminum.

1 Like

why don’t you make something along the lines of this…
http://midwestgamesupply.com/SKUs/dice_caliper.jpg

1 Like

(geeze man! Isn’t it past your bedtime? :smile: )

For staining your cubes. work on 3 faces, wait an hour, rotate.

Well I hope that Phil’s dice have the spots in the correct order, cuz the one in the picture is wrong.
Opposite sides of a die will always add up to 7
Nice idea for a holder though.

Never, ever, criticize The Philster!

1 Like

Your dice are right Phil. Nobody is saying your dice are wrong.

The picture that @DamnitJim linked has a dice that is wrong and that’s what everyone is talking about.

1 Like

Damnit! You made me go back and look!! :joy:

1 Like

Dying :joy:

1 Like

@PhilJohnson have you order that brand of bit before? Just wondering about them since they are cheaper. The reviews on that particular bit are bad, but only because the people who ordered were mad and didn’t pay attention to the shank size…

1 Like

The most expensive bit I have it the whiteside bowl bit. The rest are in the $4-6 range. Just curious about it being a true V.

1 Like

Not yet, hoping to in January. Son’s bday and then 2 1/2 weeks later Christmas, so I’m getting that out of the way first, unless I get enough orders in the next couple months.

Phil,
I know you’ve posted specifics (and a link) on the tapered bit you use, but I can’t seem to find anything with the search tool…(internet in the desert is awful)… could I trouble you to post it again?

After getting the small mm BN set of bits, I was thinking it would be cool to get a few larger ones so I have a full range and it’s easier than dealing with fractions. So… I ordered a set from Amazon.

I’m so out of touch with actual sizes of mm that when they arrived, I realized what monsters some of them were. Shoot, the largest one would have trouble fitting in a 1/2" collet it’s so big. I seriously doubt I’ll be using them in any CNC work, but might come in handy for making pens.

Tapper? lol You either have an unrestrained spellchecker or are counting down the minutes to happy hour. :slight_smile:

Phil “The Tapper” Johnson. You have a new nickname.

I think I found a pic of Phil…

1 Like

I got the surprise email from Vectric a month or so ago and snatched it up. It seems nice to me but I didn’t know 8.5 well enough to notice many changes. I really enjoy the features tho, I find it easier to use than Easel. lol You can tell where I spend my time. The new version of UGS kind of frustrates me since Easel “coerced” me to upgrade to grbl 1.1. lol It will occasionally just error our in the middle of a carve saying it received an illegal instruction.

Is that a Killer Clown From Outer Space and Amelia Earheart meets Charles Lindbergh?

2 Likes

I like 1.1, but I use platform. The best is the speed override and integrated probing.

1 Like