Phil's random vcarve posts (phil's projects)

very cool sir

Phil,
As someone who has benefited from your advise and examples, I am sorry to see this. I do not really post since I generally read the forum on my phone, but I should have made my appreciation known. For myself and many others, thankyou for all you have done and contributed.

Eric

3 Likes

Wait, what did I miss? EDIT: Oh, that.

Thanks @PhilJohnson for what you have done for all of us.

3 Likes

This sucks.

Saw this coming a long time ago.

This forum is like many downtown USA cities, in much need of improvement, but it seems that it’s not worth the effort.

This forum used to be my initial startup page. Now, I mostly stick to PMs from folks I’ve helped and gotten to know over the last few years.

Best wishes Phil…
I’ll stay in touch.

Larry

12 Likes

While i have myself benefited from Phil in reading his posts, the free wisdom will be missed and it is understood as i would be the same. I have asked Phil to build a 3d model for me because he is so damn good at it. I have no issue praising and paying for quality work.

Now time for the rant–
As far as this forum is concerned, I still come here about once a week just to look at projects. I love seeing how people where inspired to make. But the sad truth is that when I got my XCARVE 2 years ago this was a community, as to where not so much. I see an increasing number of fake makers who want to pay someone to build their xcarve for them. I can understand having someone who has built one on site and guide you but not outright build it. You loose so much knowledge by doing that. When I got mine, my wife and I built it together and it was a great bonding experience and a fun project for us over the course of a week. CNC is not a “i want this now,Instant carve” thing and folks should stop treating it as such and expecting people to give it to them with out so much as a thanks.

6 Likes

I too miss Phil comments, projects, and other insight and know how. I am still learning everyday, and starting out with 0 experience, it was refreshing to have someone like Phil, and some of the others that are on here share their experience. Obviously everyone is various levels. If you feel the need to downgrade, or bully, perhaps you can just start your own forum, or better yet keep the negativity to yourself.

What happened to Phil? Where are his posts?

phil

His Vcarve and Xcarve info can be found on his website:

2 Likes