PicSender V3 Release

For all PicSender users, version 3.0.1 is now released and available for download. It will replace all older versions. Version 2.9.0.2 will remain available for a while.

Thank you all for your support,
John Champlain and Jeffery Woodcock, Jr.
https://www.picengrave.com/PicSender.htm

2 Likes

John,
What are the changes?
What is the charge to upgrade?
I have 2.8.0.1

Jan, changes are too numerous to list. More changes are on the list for later. There is no upgrade charge to registered users. Documentation is still in need of updating, but experienced users should have no problems.
Thanks,
John

Down loaded. The 3.0 version today and it froze up three times. I tried to jog the Z and each time it froze none of the buttons would work. Went back to 2.8 worked fine. Relatively new dell computer. No clue what went wrong.

Were there any error messages? So far no other reports of this, so not sure what to advise.
John Champlain

No sir, no error messages, just locked up as soon as I tried to to jog the Z axis. Should I have deleted the old pic sender app? One thing I did notice there wasn’t a button to register the new software.

No need to delete old version first, and your original registration remains good for all updates. Did you home your machine before trying to jog?

EDIT: Following testing, not homing is the only thing I find that will do as you found. There is always a message at startup to alert that homing is needed, if it is enabled.

If you decide to try again, please see if there are messages about homing required in the message box. It will be the bottom message in the box.

If homing is enabled, then all input buttons and text should be “grayed out”, and no machine movement can be input, which is the “lockup” I believe you experienced.

I don’t use homing. I’m did the same as live done with all of your previous versions!

Please, what PicSender version did you try? Version 3.0.3, the latest available?
And what Windows version do you use?

I am trying to emulate your issue.

Thank you,

I’m using Windows 10. My computer is a year old, I downloaded the version mentioned in your previous post 3.03. I’ve been using 2.8 and 2.9 I used 2.8 this morning with no problems

Thank you.

Ok loaded PICSENDER on my laptop ver. 3.0.3 and it will open connect to port then nothing, not responding to any commands.

These are the screen shots, not sure what the problem is!

My apology. PicSender 3x is broken to older grbl versions. Working on it. Resolution soon. In the meantime, PicSender 2.9.0.2 is available to download.
John Champlain

Do I get that from the web site?

Yes. From here: www.picengrave.com - PicSender
Thank you for you patience and understanding.
John

I’m getting pretty much the same results with version 3.3.3 and no - there are not - any previous version downloads on their website. I unfortunately chose to uninstall my old version before installing new and now I no longer have an install file. It would be nice if they would simply create an ‘update’ file but at least give us some installation instructions. Anybody got an older installation file?

John please let me know if you are still having problems after our last email exchange earlier today.
Thank you,
John Champlain

I’m having the same problems…freezing up…cant find older version to download…

Chic,
Please contact us here: www.PicEngrave.com - Contact
Please include what grbl version you are using.
Thank you,
John Champlain