Please help with vcarve / easel

G’day all
I have been struggling with this file all day

I created a Vcarve desktop project for the following.
Roughing was fine with easel

But the finishing passes cuts about ten movements, backwards and forwards, and then stops

I restart the carving in easel and try again, any it makes about two passes more then stops and returns to origin.

Third go at the finish pass in easel was the same

Any one got an idea why, please

I assume I am doing something wrong but trying different things like speeds and feeds don’t help.

As stated, I created it in Vcarve desk top, post processor was easel in vcarve. then imported into easel and carved,or tried to

file is here
http://easel.inventables.com/projects/aMfgzPP0SvM1nyIYky3cOQ

any help would be appreciated, please

Regards
Kel

I tried again this morning but again it stopped.

I tried to just play it in Easel rather than on the machine and even easel stops.
In the below picture, it shows how much it cut in blue…but in the bottom left hand corner, it shows a full circle in blue. The full circle is what is should cut.

Again, any help or suggestions would be appreciated, please

I

How’s your internet connection?

Not the best, but I think it is ok ??

How could I check ?

Is there a work around if the internet is bad ??
Kel

I believe once the carve is started an internet connection is not needed so I doubt that is the problem. I have had the situation come up twice that an Easel project would not complete. It would stop an a little different point of progression but would always fail to complete. I mess with the first on a lot. Tried all types of stuff but nothing helped. Finally, I just deleted it and started over reproducing the same thing - carved just fine. The second time I ran into this I messed a little but not much. Just scrapped it and moved on.

Not saying that is your problem or solution - just what I experienced.

I have recreated it in vcarve, twice. Then imported it three times, into Easel.

It basically stopped within 5 pass’s of each other.

Fourth time this morning
Kel

Use Picsender or UGS to send the project to your machine. Easel doesn’t do well with large detailed projects.

Patrick
I’m a bit shy to ask how to do that… Picsender or UGS…are knew to me

I will search this forum before I ask more

Thank you
Kel

2 Likes

Not real familiar with Picsender but I messed have with it. I use UGS Platform and like the interface much better. (There are two versions of UGS - Classic and Platform). I will say although Platform is fairly easy to use it is a little strange in getting the interface customized to suit your own taste. For that reason you might want to try the Classic version first. Once you are comfortable with it I highly suggest you look at Platform. Once configured it is very slick.

And you can’t beat the price - $0.

UGS Link

I simulated this with no issues.

What are your computer specs? It is possible that your rig can’t handle it.

Robert
I think my pc should be alright. I use it on another two CNC machines ??

Untitled

Kel

I would think so.

Ok, I’ve done a bit of reading and there is a mixed opinions on UGS. both good and bad.

Is there a easier way ?

Basically I just want to carve a dish with a 2D figure in it …
My roughing pass worked well, but I do not know why Easel Pro only just starts on the finish run and it stops and goes back to home.

Kel

I have hard wired my shed now with a reliable cable rather then wifi, and the same problem is there

I don’t understand why.

Is there a suitable you tube video to show the proper steps, for a learner, to get it to work on the x carve , please.

I have read on here different opinions, and watched some youtube but I am still at a lost for which one is suitable

Regards
Kel

I have hard wired my shed now with a reliable cable rather then wifi, and the same problem is there

I don’t understand why.

Is there a suitable you tube video to show the proper steps, for a learner, to get UGS to work on the x carve , please.

I have read on here different opinions, and watched some youtube but I am still at a lost for which UGS is suitable

I down loaded the UGS but cannot even get the port correct…do you need the usb connected from the xcarve, ?

Regards
Kel

Yes, and make sure Easel is closed.

A big thank you to Mr John Hayes for his assistance with this problem.

We could not get it to work in easel, as I wanted, but as suggested, I eventually relented and used the UGS and all was good

Kel

1 Like