Post Deleted by Author

Post deleted by author.

6 Likes

Hyperbole is the best thing ever!

1 Like

I agree with Bob. Nothing to do with those two things. I’m tense because I can’t figure out what the crap is going wrong with Phil’s USB connection. (Can I say that?).

1 Like

Okay, maybe 2nd Amendment rights then…

1 Like

One more “c” word out of you Larry and I am pressing the red flag… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sorry ------- sigh.:cry:

1 Like

Such a Canadian thing to say … :slight_smile:

(oh wait… is that a “C” word?) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some might say thats a worse “C” word…

2 Likes

Should I be using the search function right now?

2 Likes

Got to say this forum and spending hours in the garage with my machine are my stress relievers. Away from the minute to minute breaking news reports and financial woes here at home in Australia. Love coming in here to expand my horizons and the help and positive vibes everybody brings to the site. Better than paying a therapist!!!

5 Likes

I will agree. I understand the frustration of owning and learning use of this machine and the software that goes along with the creation of projects. This forum has become huge with weeks worth of information. But there are always people when aggravated have no patience for sometimes what is the easiest answer. Sometimes things can be typed that without in person communication can be misunderstood as brash. If you were here say a year or two ago yes things were different we were all doing show and tell and learning new things now when a person gets their machine all set up they come here and see a lot of professional grade looking projects that we did not see so much of a few years ago and I can see how aggravating it could be to come here and see all the cool stuff that has been posted and people would be like I tried for 2 weeks and I can’t do it the machine is junk when in reality some do not understand there are some that have a few years under their belt or even have a background in this type of work. I know it took me some time to go from $100 in broken bits in a week to turning a free scrap of wood into a $250 sale item. We all started somewhere and this is just my own view. I don’t know if any this makes any sense I got up at 3:30am yesterday and worked 12 hours and now am sitting in the shop playing mad scientist.

2 Likes

Gotta’ lighten things up somehow :smiley:

1 Like

Immature yes but it was a great stress reliever. Should we have went elsewhere to play yes but last night in the little run on rant post was as closest to having your buds get together and have a beer in the shop as you could ever get That’s why I am making a facebook page so some of us can get together to be our selves with out fear of repercussion from being open with our thoughts. I really like this forum and will be here for a long time but sometimes you have things you want to say that need to be taken outside.
Might even try a little free forum thing.

3 Likes

That would be great. I don’t Facebook.

1 Like

I have a completely new and unused forum on my website that I don’t know much about. You guys are more than welcome to hang out/vent there. Midnight-Maker.com

What election? I hadn’t heard anything.

2 Likes

Not saying much but you got me. I joined.

I’ve felt the same way as MidnightMaker(minus the election portion). I would paraphrase the postings as heel nipping. I suspect folks will dump on me . . . but, here goes. My opinion is that the experienced folks occasionally have a bit of a holier than thou approach. Wait, wait, don’t dump yet. And, my opinion is that less experienced folks have a feisty, I’m more up to date attitude. In the end, we forum users strive for the same goal. So, a bit of empathy, step back, take a breath.

3 Likes

I have an open discussion forum on my website as well http://www.everythinglasers.com/ that everyone is welcome to speak their minds without worry of censorship.

Well I for one have stopped putting out information as readily as I once did, I don’t need lectured from anyone when I try to help.

6 Likes