Powder coating Oven and setup

Nice.
wish I had the cash to get stuff like that going.
I really need to get a setup going so I can run jobs.
Lately I have had lots of issues. (user errors)
My next task is to get the risor plates made to raise the Z up so I can get more than 1.75" under the spindle.
Then I will also be getting the weight tool you (Phil) mentioned to adjust the belts.
Then I am going to start cranking out some stuff with all this mahogany wood I have.

1 Like

Thanks @PhilJohnson - great stuff, I’m going to have to pour over this, really appreciated. This is something that I’ve wanted to tackle for awhile now…

1 Like

quick question @PhilJohnson - I was going to do something similar with my large DC, piping it out the wall versus being too concerned with large canister filters and returning the air, however a lot of the feedback I heard in the woodworking forums was that this was undesirable because you would then need a good return air source and for garage shops that meant the house and an open door. Some even claimed it was killing their HW heater and furnace pilots… did you see any negative side effects to airflow in your garage when using this method?

yeah, sorry, as soon as I clicked reply I realized I failed to reference the weld fume video…

1 Like

@PhilJohnson thanks for the pictures and plans.I started my oven build yesterday, gutted the soda machine out. I noticed that you say you have two 3500 elements in yours. Did you put one on the top and one in the bottom or both in the bottom?

thanks

1 Like