Preventing Easel from Double Cut

In the attached example, I have created an image in Photoshop and imported it into Easel. When I highlight the shapes and choose “cut on shape path” the results is that Easel will cut inside the line and then immediately cut outside the same line. It essentially appears to be doubling the processing time of cutting out these simple shapes. Appreciate any assistance that can be provided to prevent this from occurring.
Thank you!

Go into the edit node mode and delete one of the tool paths.

2 Likes

Perfect! That resolved my issue. Thank you so much for the quick response.

1 Like

omg please help i have the same issue and do not know anything about the nodes

@Scott_bishop
Image Trace converting one line into two? - #10 by NeilFerreri1

This is because images are not vectors. If you can see it, it has a thickness. If it has a thickness, it has “edges” on either side. Easel detects those edges and converts them to paths.

2 Likes

Wow. That worked great. But why is this happening? I’m importing svg files from Inkscape. And is there a way to eliminate a path in one fell swoop, or do I have to just delete all the individual nodes in that path?

Using the Shape Exploder App that will separate your design elements (each of the 2 shapes) then you can select the shape to delete and delete the whole shape in one keystroke of the delete/backspace button.

It is doing this because of the type of line used in inkscape most likely. OR if you’re image tracing in inkscape it creates a solid shape, i think there’s an option for “on path” or “line” or something like that in inkscape… But yeah, you could also edit the SVG in inkscape to correct the issue if that is easier. Both vector lines would also be present in inkscape too…