Price Increase and decrease

Looks like the core components kit went up, it was $200 something before IIRC, it’s now $319.

Acme is the only screw option now.

I think the Nema 23 kit went up, as well as the 1000mm upgrade. I’ll need to find my original invoice.

I thought perhaps it just included the XController now, but it’s still the Arduino \ Gshield \ PS.

Everything else looks the same. I find my invoice and re-post updates.

1 Like

Ok, so here’s my order from February of this year …

Contents:
X-Carve®
X-Carve 1000mm Rail Kit
X-Carve ACME Lead Screw Kit
X-Carve NEMA 23 Stepper Motor Kit
X-Carve DeWalt 611 Spindle Mount
X-Carve Arduino/gShield Motion Controller Kit
X-Carve Power Supply Kit
X-Carve 1000mm Wiring Kit
X-Carve 1000mm Drag Chain Kit
X-Carve Limit Switch Kit
1/8" Precision Collet Kit for DeWalt 611
High Speed Steel 2 Flute Upcut Spiral
Solid Carbide 2 Flute Spiral Upcut (Ball Nose End)

Unit price: $1,150.90

Same configuration on the website today shows a total of $1244.00 plus shipping…

So, looks like it went up $93.10.

yeah @PhilJohnson - I didn’t see XController on the pick list either. I had to call them to swap out my GShield\Arduino\PS then, since the XController was just released. It upped my price ~$150, but it was WELL worth the addition IMHO. Would have thought it’d be in the options by now.

1 Like

X-Carve
X-Carve 500mm Rail Kit
X-Carve ACME Lead Screw Kit
X-Carve NEMA 23 Stepper Motor Kit
X-Carve DeWalt 611 Spindle Mount
X-Carve Arduino/gShield Motion Controller Kit
X-Carve Power Supply Kit
X-Carve 500mm Wiring Kit

Unit price: $699.00 I paid on 11/30/15
Today it would be $875.00

up $175 on mine

I wonder what changed, beside price… Maybe the single piece X rail?

All the prices have increased. The power supply used to be $69,Motion Controller $99, Spindle $129, Nema 17 $59 and both Rail kits.

I was also looking at a kit, but being Canadian the conversion rate was hard enough to choke back let alone the price increase. Will definitely be looking at some other options now.

I am looking at Zen Toolworks but not sure it their CNC is as good as X Carve

Hey everyone,

I’m sorry for the confusion. We have received feedback that our prices are too expensive and too cheap. As you might expect it is a bit confusing to get both kinds of feedback. We are currently running some pricing tests to try and figure out what the right price is. We want to make X-Carve as accessible as possible but at the same time we need to keep the lights on and pay our employees.

We’re trying to understand if we lower the price do enough new people buy to justify the lowered price or are we getting the same number of orders. If we raise the price do we lose too many people and it’s not worth the increase.

1 Like

Understandable. Thanks for the explanation

I imagine the X-Controller is not an option yet because some of us are still on back order.

Thanks Zach. I’m buying the xcarve and xcontroller tomorrow. :smile:

Thanks to you and the team for all the great support… I.CAN’T.WAIT.TO.CARVE. :slight_smile:

@CurtisCummings you can order the X-Controller here.

You might also want to check out this thread if you haven’t yet.

When I purchased the Shapeoko 2 500x500, the main reason I purchased it was because it was under $900 all in.
I think the total price I paid turned out to be about $700, but I would not have thought twice if the price had been $850.

But if the price including shipping had been over $900 I probably would not have pulled out my credit card that night.

I guess I just mentally classified it in two categories. 1) was fun project for my son and I to build together. I can spend $250 for a product in that category once or twice a year. 2) was a shop tool, I will spend $500 to $600 on a tool for the workshop every couple years. So it seemed like an easily justified purchase to me at $700 but it would still have been within my mental “buy” range at $850. At $900 I would have needed to worry about the purchase for a few weeks but would most likely convinced myself it was worth it. Over that and I would have dismissed it as overpriced.

That reminds me, I think Inventables is missing a big part of the potential market by not emphasizing the family fun of assembly. A few pictures on the website of a dad and his son or daughter sitting at the kitchen table with all the parts laid out would help capture a new group of buyers. I know that was one of the important aspects of buying a well documented kit for me.

2 Likes

how long until it ships?

@ZachKaplan, for those of us on a very limited budget, cheaper is better, if you can achieve it without sacrificing quality (and I understand the effect on the bottom line too). After extensive research, of over a year in the making, my intent is order an Xcarve with the Xcontroller. I am only waiting on the new stiffer X Axis Gantry that I saw on your article at the maker faire in Chicago. No other CNC on the market can match the quality and completeness of the X Carve for its relative size (1000mm X 1000mm).

That was the best part of assembly for me. Pictures of My three year old son with a wrench in his hand “helping dad”.

1 Like

I’d buy again tomorrow even if the price was $2000, but I love my XCarve…

That said, please don’t raise the price to $2000, I plan to buy a 500mm for the wife soon. :smile:

1 Like

I’m with @DarrylKegg. I would buy the XCarve again in a heartbeat and pay more for it. Competely transformed our business!

I’ve had my eye on an X-Carve for a while now and went to look at ordering one today and thought I was loosing it, I coulda sworn when I looked last week to show my wife the 1000mm full bells and whistles it was like $1180 now today it was $1550. Now I’m back to the drawing board and waiting. She thinks I was trying to get one over on her by changing the price I told her it would be. Glad I’m not the only one who saw the jump. I did benefit by finding out about the x-controller and will add that to the plan, but that’s pushing up the total some more. I’ve read about stiffining the x-axis mods, but was it mentioned above that a fix from Inventables is forthcoming? So worth a wait to purchase anyways?

Update: …unless you are insinuating mr @Zach_Kaplan with your reference to the other thread that maybe this price increase is for the updated system shown at the maker fair in May… Which I think given what the CSI:Inventables group came up with as possible explanations of updates shown in those couple photos, would defeinitly be worth the rate increase.

1 Like

When I first started investigating a build-your-own CNC machine I found the Shapeoko2 and decided that’s the one I wanted but was going to wait. When I finally came back ready to buy I could only find the X-Carve and then the Shapeoko3 on some other website. Man, am I glad I waited. I felt the price (I believe I paid around $1400 for the fully loaded version plus some clamps and bits) was more than fair and would pay it again in a heartbeat. It’s a fantastic product and I can’t wait for the “secret” new components to be released.