Price increase Easel Pro

anyone else haveing a problem with a 33% increase in yearly subscription during these times , what significant changes and or upgrade justify this ?

2 Likes

I can’t say that I agree with the price increase…

As to the “why” of it, I only have one word - inflation. It bites into everything and everyone. The only thing it does not have an immediate impact on is increasing the average person’s pay. :frowning:

{:0)

Brandon Parker

Why can you not access your projects? Easel does not lock you out of your projects at all. If you do not currently have an Easel Pro license, you simply cannot carve the projects with “Pro” features. At least, this is how it is supposed to be unless something has changed that I am not aware of.

If you have an active subscription to Easel Pro, you should be able to do as you wish with any of your projects.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

Thanks Brandon, I found them. They used to be on the second tab but now I see they are on the first tab below the featured projects. I just couldn’t see them. Duh.

1 Like

Yes I have an issue, the price increase is to large. This is to close to Fusion 360 price but then Fusion has a lot more to offer. Since I’m a hobbyist and mostly make gifts and do not make any money from x-carve I will not continue with easel pro. I will return to my four free days a month if and when a pro feature may be needed. If the price increase was around $30 I might have considered to continue with easel pro.

1 Like

I feel the gaming strategy used by Inventables is flawed and a bit on the mean side. Here is my take on the strategy:

Try to drive existing customers to pre-fund a 3 year subscription. Extended subscription rates are normally discounted. How do we get out own customers to think they are getting a great deal? Dramatically increase the annual subscription rate by 33%. This is not an inflation factor. It is a really nasty gaming strategy.

I paid for the 3 years, I am old and have a thriving business. I only use Xcarve for logos, musical instrument carving and personalizing. I do not want to learn other cnc software. But if I were younger I would bail. That is the flawed stratregy. They are driving away younger tec savy customers to other cnc software and causing harm to their long time loyal and perhaps hobby customers. Plus it is the Holidays… Can you say Grinchy.

2 Likes

I cancelled my subscription today (based on their increase).

1 Like

Last I knew, Fusion 360 is free to hobbyists.

Where they prompt on the refund? Mine renewed before I had a chance to cancel it. Thank you Brian

1 Like

My renewal date was still a few months away. So I had plenty of time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.