Problems since the new update

I’m using the xcontroller- thank you so much for the help… I wish I could repay you

Dont worry about it, I expect nothing :slight_smile:

I would however suggest taking a closer look mechanically of your machine, 0.06" DoC in soft wood isnt a lot and the Xcontroller should provide ample power.

1 Like

It almost looks like the bit was loose and causing a problem. .06" doc would be pretty much standard for a 1/8" bit.

DOC of 0.06 at 40ipm is very conservative - should not cause an issue. Are you able to measure the DOC? Is it 0.06 or so? The only time I’ve experienced outcomes like you posted is when the DOC is way too deep. Even feedrate being too high hasn’t caused that kind of outcomes for me. If it matters, 22K RPM is very high - something closer to 10K would be better for such a slow feed rate (though I think the dewalt can only get down to 12K).

I’d check the following:

1 - tightness of belts
2 - v-wheels - ensure all are tight enough
3 - when the machine is on and engaged (connected to your gcode sender), check that you can’t move it manually with any substantial force
4 - if possible, check the current feeding the steppers. with the x-controller I don’t know how to do that (I have one too, but I’ve only done it with the older arudino-based controller).

If it’s “cutting” fine without engaging the work piece, then all the electrical connections should be fine and that points to a force limit problem with the setup.

Hope this helps.

-Tom