Project Help with 0,0

Hey Guys…
I learned how to set my project to 0, 0 and begin from the center, but for some reason, instead of my project being carved from where it is on the board, it’s carving dead center.
I tried to carve on a 9x5 piece of wood and my graphic was supposed to be at the 3 inch mark, but instead, it carved from the center. I’m sure it’s an easy fix, but after messing up 3 pieces and not being able to figure it out, I’m reaching out to you all.
Thanks for any help y’all can offer.
Lori

1 Like

Hi Lori,
Are you able to upload a photo of the carve results.
And Share the Easel Project Link? (So share go to Project>Share then set it to “unlisted” and copy the link shown, then paste the link over here in the forum)

Thanks!

Hi Seth…Thank you! I wanted the top of the carve to be approximately 4.5" down, but I guess with my settings, it carved dead center.

Ohh, try the new 0,0 method instead, and you can center the design, THEN slide it down where you actually want it to be positioned and see the correct location in the preview before carving using center as the origin of the carve but not necessarily the origin of the design… and i think that was the issue before, when you moved the design to the corner is uses the center of the design as 0,0 but you actually wanted it lower…

Thank you so much!!! This looks so easy; didn’t even realize this was a new feature!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.