Project you are most proud of

By far my most favorite thing to make and most proud of my guitars. I thought I would be selling them but I’m have a heck of a time letting go. I guess the old ones collecting dust will have to go!
Click on the pictures for full size.

6 Likes

I built a rosewood neck for that one, no finish and is smooth as a bowling ball, love it!

1 Like

This is my favorite so far, I made for a customer

10 Likes

@JaceCoffman looks like a cutting board? I watched a video on youtube of a guy making a flag cutting board. I’m going to give it a try in a month or two after I finish up a furniture order.

Crazy thought. How many tiles would it take of that size and scale to do a typo of the endire usa?

Yes, it’s a cutting board. I make quite a few per week for customers. They’re fun to make, and make great gifts.

1 Like

What is the overall size on the board if you don’t mind me asking?

It was just shy of 12"x18" and 1 1/8" thick.

1 Like

I don’t know - but that would be a really cool project.

Made this as a Christmas present:

8 Likes

That’s interesting. Very cool

Thanks! My first cast resin finish project. I’m planning on posting details in another thread.

Nothing technical about this - but made me feel darn good giving back to a local Boy Scout troop…

Dimensions 42”x25”

6 Likes

A while ago I built Phil’s CNC Demon and I needed a door/lid for the controller box. Was curious how a diamond plate pattern looks when it’s carved in pine. Pretty happy with it but probably not the project I am most proud of

12 Likes

Just finished this Christmas present for an outstanding group of men and women. We have a tendancy to over complicate when something simple is all that is required. Nothing fancy about the carving on this, 60 deg v-bit and 1/4" end mill for roughing out the cross, Stained the union prior to carving and painted the 909th logo. Finish was 3 coats of semi-gloss poly.

6 Likes

Andrew how do you cut the stars that way? Very nice flag!!

I stained the union in Ebony. Then let a 90 v-bit do its work. Set a max depth of 1/4".

Clearly you live in Australia…

I tried 18 years ago to do a set of blocks for my son with a dremel didn’t go real well these look wonderful.

Do you have any want to share your project file for the yahtzee board? :smile: