Question about home position?

Hi
I’m using the 3 way home position block, and everything moves and touches like it’s supposed to, but it doesn’t seem to be saving the actual position. What am I doing wrong, or what setting do I have to change.
Using a MacBook with UGS. Trying to experiment with a easel test carve - exported g code file.
Thanks

Could you be a little more specific in what you are trying to do. Usually, I hear people referring to a 3 way position block being used to set Work Zero. I think of the home position as being Machine Zero which is what gets set when you do a homing cycle using the homing switches. The “home” position doesn’t get saved anywhere and neither does the Work Zero position unless you perform some operation to save it.

Check out the G28 discussions and see if that’s what you want.

Hi
Sorry. My posts were kind of rambling… Probably due to lack of sleep building my XC.
I pretty much got everything figured out. I was confusing work zero with home position. Once I figured out how UGS worked, and what the buttons did and didn’t do, I was ok.
Also figured out what G-Code format it liked so I was able to post from Mastercam.
Everything is good.
Thanks

1 Like