QUestion about the Inproved tool Path

I have noticed when using tabs, I am unable to locate those tab as they are placed automatically. Sometimes a Tab ends up on a corner. Before, the bit would raise above the work surface, as mentioned, but then it would “cut the corner” i.e. it would move 45 degrees to the next location before lowering back down instead of following the path at a 90 degree around the corner.

My question is this, does the improved tool path account for this and it will raise a bit, then follow the corner or will it try to move 45 degrees to the next point?

Thanks

on a side note, I would like to be able to select the tab location - or am I missing something? (I would check to make sure I didn’t miss it, but for some reason Easel won’t connect. server down maybe)

You can click on the tab and drag it to any position you like. You also have the option of choosing the number of tabs and their size.

2 Likes

Where can I found the new tool path ?

Under “Machine” click “Advanced” and check the box stating " “Enable two stage carve”
Up untill a few days ago there were two options one could check but I gather Inventables have moved part of this past beta level.

THANKS! never tried just dragging the tab, Duh - I knew about number and size.

2 Likes

Good to know - thanks!
I don’t have a lot of time to try things out. Usually the only time I get to use it is when I need it for my business and then I don’t have time to “play with it”. So it is good to know how things operate a head of time.