Question about UGS

Thanks!

Is there any reason (new feature, bug fix) to upgrade from .9i to .9j other than it is just the most recent?

Argh! I just tried the upgrade using the Inventables hex file linked above and XLoader. It seems my system is now dead. =/ Is there more to this than uploading?

I tried using that .hex file and it wouldn’t work for me either. I downloaded the source, compiled it, loaded it into the Arduino and that worked.

Are you doing this, some lines must be changed on eeprom_clear;

Open the Arduino IDE

Go to File - Examples - EEPROM - eeprom_clear
Click it,

Find this line,

for ( int i = 0 ; i < EEPROM.length() ; i++ )

MUST BE CHANGED TO

for ( int i = 0 ; i < 1024; i++ )

After upload finish, close Arduino IDE, open XLoader , Make sure all your settings are correct
Device = Uno(ATmega328)
Baud rate 115200
Load HEX file

Close XLoader and start Easel, run machine setup

I just tried this, and the progress spinner in Easel is just doing it’s thing. Stuck.

All the respect, What was wrong with 0.9i ??? I would go back to it.

That is what I am thinking, 9i has not given me any problems at all. Why change?

Well, X-Carve is very delicate equipment to mess around and look for trouble. Also I’ve heard so many people having Homing issues, jumping/skipping some lines. If you see Donate button underneath anything, stay away. They’re testing programs using public.

this whole mess is the reason i just push pause and resume instead of updating grbl :smile:

1 Like

All good now. Something with XLoader went wrong. I had to download, compile, and upload grbl.

I finally got it to upload.

I could NOT get the HEX file to work.
I could NOT get the Grbl Upload example to compile.
It turns out that the files need to be included for the Grbl Upload example to compile / load were not being added to the library automatically like they should. I manually added the grbl folder with all the necessary .h files to the Arduino Library folder on my PC (I found the path in the software’s settings)

Once I did that the Grbl Upload example compiled and uploaded correctly.

Inventables needs to add clarifying language on that page.