Raised Panel Doors

Hello everyone, I’m sure there are many posts about creating raised panel doors on the X-Carve Pro 4’x4’ machine. I have a general question. I have not purchased the machine yet but will be doing so in a few weeks. I noticed that the machines capabilities for shank diameter is 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8", if you get the collet for the 3/8". Now most of the routers that I have been looking at, from Amana Tool, are 1/2" shank sizes for the raised panel bits. how have you been creating raised panels doors? Is there an raised panel bit that will work on the X-Carve? If I were to buy the adapter for the 1/2" will the 2HP router and Z-Axis be able to handle it.

Personaly I would use a moulding toolpath for the raised panels vs a raised panel bit.

2 Likes

Thank you, but wouldn’t take longer to create than if you use a bit specialized for that? Thoughts

Panel raising bits have a guide bearing and are not intended for use in a CNC, they also require about 3 hp.

Thank you for the reply. I found the following bit with interchangeable “Knives” to make different cuts. Please excuse all the questions I am new at this and would love to learn more.

Was there supposed to be a link attached?

yes, my mistake. RC-2490 CNC Insert Nova System Cove & Bead Plunge Form for MDF & Wood Cabinet Doors 3/4 Dia x 7/16 x 1/2 Inch Shank

I consider that a bit for faux raised panel doors.
Here is a sample of the bits for true raised panel doors.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.